2nd combat/prior service patch?

Ack-Ack26yd

I recently bought this WWII Ike Jacket with an 83rd Inf Div patch on the lower right sleeve, along with two other patches on the shoulders in normal position. I was wondering if anyone had a good idea what this meant or had any references to guys doing this. I was also looking through pics of my great uncle in WWII and one of his buddies had a division patch in the same spot on a 4 pocket tunic. I'm assuming it's a 2nd unit the soldier served in combat with, but that's only an educated guess, also what I've read in the few threads I've found. Thanks!

post-85550-0-91107500-1360869986.jpg

Yes, its a US Forces Austria patch (IDK who actually wore those though, don't know anything about that) and the other patch is a 9th Army patch. There's marks where a ribbon rack was once, but unfortunately it's long gone and there's no name or number markings anywhere I can find in the jacket.

The 83rd Inf Div was assigned to the 9th Army on and off durn the war.Maybe this soldier was 'assigned' to the 9th Army but maybe attached to the 83rd ID?