What kind of Ejection Seat and for what Aircraft

The seat appears to be a Martin-Baker GRU-7 or GRUEA-7 used in the Grumman A-6/EA-6A Intruder or

EA-6B Prowler. It replaced the Martin-Baker GRU-5 seat in the A-6/EA-6A Intruder. The GRU-7A used

in the F-14A and F-14B is similar. The Rigid Seat Survival Kit and Seat-Survival Kit Units would be

the RSSK-7, SKU-2/A, or SKU-12/A. The parachute assy. is the NES-14 series. The seat may need the

leg restraint garters and inert underseat rocket motor assy. The pilot mannequin is wearing a USAF

HGU-55/P in USN/USMC service, VF-213 Black Lions blue CWU-73/P USN flightsuit, GS/FRP-2 sage green

Nomex flight gloves, and USN/USMC MBU-14/P oxygen mask.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the response guys. Now I know what it is and from what plane it was from. Thanks Northcoastaero that was a very detailed description of all the gear and equipment in the photo. You are very knowledgeable about this area of militaria.

Anyway, a friend sent me photos of these ejection seats he saw at a junk yard. What kind are they and from what aircraft. They look pretty old and incomplete.

post-5589-0-61396400-1408070329.jpg

Some additional information: The parachutes used with the F-101 late in its career would be the BA-22 and BA-24. I am uncertain about the ballistically spread and forced deployed chutes also. The seat

survival kit could be the 140000-64 (upgraded CNK-11/P) with the cutout in the front and the 140000-??

with no cutout in the front, similar to the F-102 seat kit.

• 2 weeks later...