AAF Flak (?) Goggles

gitana

Can anyone verify that these are legit AAF goggles? They look like german snow goggles, and are very white and clean looking. But then there's the AAF stamp on the back. I can't find these listed as US gear anywhere else and am thinking these are no good. Thanks!

post-14792-0-88697200-1360770476.jpg

post-14792-0-70354900-1360770483.jpg

There have been many instances where unscrupulous "dealers" have applied such stamps to obscure items to make them more "attractive" to potential buyers. I collect AAF stuff and have never seen such goggles before. I can't categorically say that they aren't legit....but proceed with caution!

Thanks Ian. It just doesn't make much sense to have what amount to snow goggles being issued to air crew. Maybe it was for ground crew... in Alaska... :blink:

I agree,Look like snow googles to me.The type they use to cut the galre and to keep from getting "snow blindness" .You see mountain climbers using these as well.May have been for an Artic Survival kit.

As Ian stated many times people have added a stamp to inhance something..

As a matter of interest, the USAAF logo stamps can be bought on eBay. I've got a couple of small, inexpensive, off-beat items bearing similar stamps which I picked up at various shows in the past, only to be told by a friend that the stamps were actually applied by a known dealer just to "jazz up" some otherwise bland unmarked items! I suspect that's what's happened to the goggles!

That wouldn't be Joe Aylott would it Ian - Many years ago we went to his storage nissan huts and he was stamping while we were there looking! :D

A

That wouldn't be Joe Aylott would it Ian - Many years ago we went to his storage nissan huts and he was stamping while we were there looking! :D

A

Yup...I believe that was the man Ashley! :wacko: