US S&W Victory Revolver

anton67

...And please note the pretty blonde on left who is wearing her pistol belt upside down... Aaah! Girls...

I think somebody explained that in a previous thread where this photo was posted. The reasoning went that since women's articles of clothing are fastened opposite from that of men's clothing, the WAVE in question is actually correct in the way she is wearing her belt.

• 2 months later...
Backtheattack

With good luck I could made pictures of this one, still in Bavarian Police Service, with the Police holster. It seems it was one of the guns given to the new build Police in 1945 in the American Zone of Occupation. Thought they where out of service since a long time, but this one ist still in service at Hof/Bavaria as the gun of a dog-handler.

post-104851-0-65411100-1372437043.jpg

post-104851-0-35548800-1372437059.jpg

post-104851-0-99423400-1372437073.jpg

post-104851-0-76103600-1372437085.jpg

Charlie Flick

Hello BacktheAttack:

Thanks for posting the pics and the info that the Victory Model still serves in Bavaria, or at least one example does. that is very interesting. Could you please tell me what the complete serial number is and what the markings are on the left side of the frame? I have seen examples here with markings of "Bavaria Municipal Police" or "Bavaria Rural Police" in that location.

Thanks.

Regards,

Charlie