Just got this today, WWII #'d Silver Star

hardheaded

Hi,

Well I did a newbie buy today and spent a little more than I really wanted too and hope I didn't get taken. If anyone sees anything wrong with this for the WWII period please comment.

I was a long drive from home, wanted it bad, and just bought it because I didn't know if it would be there if I decided to drive back.

hardheaded

A nice looking Star.

Hopefully the bank wasn't broken and the drive was worth it. Judging by the pictures I think the drive home was a happy one..

Leigh

Nice WWII piece. Serial number indicates it is from the Robbins July 1, 1942 contract. Also like the screw back lapel pin. Congrats on finding one.

Mike

Nice WWII piece. Serial number indicates it is from the Robbins July 1, 1942 contract. Also like the screw back lapel pin. Congrats on finding one.

Mike

Thanks for the response and the serial number information. Much appreciated!

hardheaded

Thanks! To all members for the nice comments.

This is now my favorite medal out of my small collection and I'm glad I didn't hear anyone say that something didn't look right with it. I saw it, bought it without knowing my stuff, and hoped I wasn't making a mistake.

hardheaded

• 2 weeks later...

Please remove. Thank You!

Why?

We typically don't delete threads unless they are in violation of forum policy or are in the for sale area. Is there a reason we should remove this one?

Dave

Why?

We typically don't delete threads unless they are in violation of forum policy or are in the for sale area. Is there a reason we should remove this one?

Dave

I'm new to all this (forums) and I removed the pictures on some of my posts and figured they were of no interest to anyone now.

Thanks,

hardheaded

I'm new to all this (forums) and I removed the pictures on some of my posts and figured they were of no interest to anyone now.

Thanks,

hardheaded

That's not really how the forum works. This is an educational environment for everyone. Even if you get your question answered, others may have a similar question and your question helps them. Thus, we maintain old threads (and photos) in place and they are archived over time to help other collectors in the future.

Thanks for your understanding.

Dave