Vietnam War Grouping 82nd Airborne/Huey Door Gunner/Ranger

D_Dutch

If anyone wants so see more of the items which are not shown, like patches and a LOT of photographs, please say so! There are also quite a lot of photographs taken during parachute jumps etc. :)

post-12867-0-26009600-1360590561.jpg

Danny,

Thanks for sharing. Those really bring back memories. Did we really all look that young? Any idea when he transfered from grunt to door gunner?

"Stand in the Door"

Ken

Thanks for all the comments! :)

Any idea when he transfered from grunt to door gunner?

"Stand in the Door"

Ken

I unfortunately have no idea to be honest. I shall look through the documents/photographs tomorrow, maybe they can give some sort of indication.

Incredible pics, thanks for sharing! The USARV SSI with Airborne tab seems to indicate a SOG assignment?

Also, it appears he served in an Airborne Quartermaster Company (photo with the rigger helmet). Do you know the exact details of his Vietnam service?

Incredible pics, thanks for sharing! The USARV SSI with Airborne tab seems to indicate a SOG assignment?

Also, it appears he served in an Airborne Quartermaster Company (photo with the rigger helmet). Do you know the exact details of his Vietnam service?

Metzger's combat patch is for a QMC airborne qualified unit not for the later SMAG organization.

• 2 months later...
AverageJoeWWII

Those are awesome pic's. Not really a Vietnam collector but seeing these is starting to make me one !!!! :lol:

• 8 years later...
On 2/11/2013 at 8:49 AM, D_Dutch said:

If anyone wants so see more of the items which are not shown, like patches and a LOT of photographs, please say so! There are also quite a lot of photographs taken during parachute jumps etc. :)

post-12867-0-26009600-1360590561.jpg

I would like to see more photographs of John and his patches. Do any of the photographs have dates and locations? Thanks for everything you've posted so far!

• 2 weeks later...
snake36bravo

Would like to see more of his 92nd AHC images too. My collecting area. The one of the gunship with the painted 19 shot pods and artwork on the M21 dustcover is tops!

manayunkman

Very nice group to a man with an interesting military career.

Dutch please show more.

Where have you been?