1891 to 1945 COMING ATTRACTIONS!

hhbooker2

"GREETINGS & SALUTATIONS!" Am planning to show more, hopefully soon, insignia, medals, uniforms, etc., from 1891 to 1945 in postings here. The first shall be the 1942 "DO YOU KNOW YOUR ARMY? Here Are the Answers" (1942), a 32-pages patriotic booklet for the Home Front published by the War Department by way of Art Products, Inc.! If you have anything you'd like to show here and do not have a scanner for your personal computer or the time to scan each pages, will, I can do it for you as I am home-bound most of the time and like to scan and adjust pages from booklets, brochures, catalogues, etc.m just ask: [email protected] ( thumbsup.gif Sarge Booker of Tujunga, California).

post-837-1204929548.jpg

"SOUVINER: 25th Annual Encampment G.A.R. at Detroit, August 1891." The Michigan Stove Company of Garland Stoves and Ranges sponsered the event and provided the brochure. GRAND ARMY of the REPUBLIC items are much sought after, like this gen for instance, except others might not scan their stuff to show others? Will show more that I can post here for all to enjoy and add to their picture files! ENJOY! think.gif

post-837-1204929931.jpg

"SOUVINER of the OLD GUARD FAIR IN AID OF MEW ARMORY FUND - Nadison Square Gardem, October 5 to 10 1903." This one was published for the famous New York Nationaol Guard and is quite rare and is loaded with great pictures of the officers in their special uniforms. ENJOY! ermm.gif

post-837-1204930362.jpg

"THE ABC OF THE U.S.A. ARMY & NAVY" (1918) is something you just don't see each and every day? ENJOY! ;)

post-837-1204930988.jpg

CAMP ZACHARY TAYLOR picture postcards for instance? Have loads of postcards in both folders and loose from the late 19th century to the mid-1940sm showing camp life and the soldiers and narines in the fiel, the airmen flying, and the sailors afloat! ENJOY! :rolleyes:

post-837-1204931279.jpg

"ARMY DAY: Annual - April 9th, 1938: For Security and Peace." ENJOY! :unsure:

post-837-1204931764.jpg

"WHO'S WHO IN UNIFORM: A Simplified Method of Knowing the Rank and Branch of Service of the Army, Navy, Marines, Coast Guard, Red Cross, Civilian Defemse, and Affiliated Services" Over 500 illustrations - many in color - the most complete book on this subject ever published. (This is what they said, not I!) They sold these for a quarter of a dollar back in 1940, about US$4.00 today, perhaps? Anyway, this is the slick colour front cover to whet your appetitite as I hope to post this here also. ENJOY! :blink:

post-837-1204932145.jpg