Pharmacist mate and Hospital Corpsman rates

subsystem4

Very nice collection. That rate with letter is really something.

I got that rate and letter on ebay. it was something I thought would go way out of my price range but threw a low bid on it anyway and went to bed. when I looked at it the next morning I had won it and was the only bidder.

I got that rate and letter on ebay. it was something I thought would go way out of my price range but threw a low bid on it anyway and went to bed. when I looked at it the next morning I had won it and was the only bidder.

Great story.I like when that happens.Look's like you're doing pretty good with your collection.Good luck.

greensquid68-69

Nice collection. Good score on the Pre-WW1. Sometimes eBay gives us some winners. I got this pair of mint WW1 USMC Pharm-mate rates on eBay a few yrs ago for a decent price. They are extremely rare, as they were in short supply even during that time period. The brown Eagle is War time & the green Eagle was just post (possibly 20's). They are the Creme de la Creme of my Pharm/Corpsman rate collection.

A photo of Pharmicist Mate 1st Class John Balch receiving MOH wearing one of these types.

post-5464-0-99763800-1360981757.jpg

post-5464-0-75148000-1360982958.jpg

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Garth Thompson

You need one of the post WW2 rates with the red caduceus. Used for a very short period of time immediately after the war. Can't remember the exact dates. I see one ever once in awhile on ebay.

• 1 year later...