Korean War Diorama on the drawing board

edgeer

The below photograph, is what I am basing on a future diorama I'm planning to build..

HISTORY behind the Photo:

The photo was taken by a photographer from the signal bn assigned to the 7th Infantry Division in early to mid November 1950. The soldiers standing on the stone wall are members of the 17th US Infantry "Buffalo" Regiment, 7th Infantry Division overlooking the Yalu River and into China.

MY CONCEPT:

FOREGROUND:

Is to build it with the key focus on 2 US infantryman standing on a stonewall. One pointing and the other possible looking through a pair of bino's.

BACKGROUND:

To use an actual black and white photo of this area taken during this time. Be it this one or hopefully one I can obtain from a fellow member of the regiment who was there. I've already sent a few inquires to my fellow Buffalo's were served there.

IF anyone is wondering, I wasn't born yet. But, I would serve in the Regiment for nearly 5 years.

post-3699-0-54129500-1360304860.jpg

• 1 month later...

Interesting concept. Unfortunately, too many of the current generation have forgotten the accomplishments and sacrifices of those who fought in the Forgotten War" . Your diorama captures the essence of Korean service.

• 6 months later...

Finally finished the Diorama. Took some artistic license in constructing it. But i thought I did okay.

Highlight of the construction: The Snow and grass came from Woodland Scenic. The stone wall was made from pebbles I picked up in my drive way. Can't recall which companies produced the figures. The tanker was built basically OOP. The infantryman started out as a MP. I had to remove the brassard that was molded on his arm. I used the original photo and edited using Photo Shop to remove the stonewall, the building, etc.

Comments are welcome and encouraged.

post-3699-0-23147500-1380528963.jpg