War Correspondent

willysmb44

Bryan.

You're welcome. I hope some day to visit your area and spend some time with Lee and yourself during one of your displays. If you have any questions on the 72nd PSB let me know.

Bob

Bryan.

You're welcome. I hope some day to visit your area and spend some time with Lee and yourself during one of your displays. If you have any questions on the 72nd PSB let me know.

Bob

Bob,

Thanks for the reply back! Yes, if you do ever make it out here, it would be great to meet you and hopefully show you the display if there is an event going on. I saw that you were near Chicago? I was at Rockford this past September at the WWII Days at Midway Village. If were there you would of saw my whole collection on display with the 167th Signal Photographic Company that is part of the HRS. Its been my 4th year traveling there from Seattle and every time I go I have a blast! Hopefully I will be able to make it there this year. So...just keep that in mind since I would be near your neck of the woods.

Bryan,

That's an hour away.I'll look forward to it.Now all we have to do is pry Lee away from his flights of fancy(Space Camp)and have him join you!Dinners on me!

Bob

Bryan,

That's an hour away.I'll look forward to it.Now all we have to do is pry Lee away from his flights of fancy(Space Camp)and have him join you!Dinners on me!

Bob

OOPS DOUBLE POST,MODS PLEASE REMOVE.

Johan Willaert

I have a very extensive list of Anniversary Speed Graphic serial numbers, so please let me know about your serial number so I can add it to my list.

Message sent!

• 3 months later...

I finally got a Speed Graphic for my civilian correspondent collection. Also, got a shot of me and my PTO Navy correspondent impression at a recent airshow:

post-2617-0-51305000-1402815723.jpg

post-2617-0-50783800-1402811989.jpg

• 2 months later...

Thanks for showing me the photo Lee! Had a great time at the airshow! Glad you now have your Anniversary Speed Graphic camera!

Another photographer got this amazing shot of Bryan and I in front of the Olympic Flight Museum's Corsair. I dare say I could easily pass this off as "Okinawa, 1945"!

Just wish I hadn't been smiling in the shot...

14438697991_d72a04350b.jpg

Fantastic photo, Lee. Were the aging effects done in Photoshop or is was it actually taken using a vintage camera? (which means that it's so authentic looking, I cannot tell the difference in this case)

I just got a new case for my speed graphic, in great shape and I can't wait to take it to a display...

Fantastic photo, Lee. Were the aging effects done in Photoshop or is was it actually taken using a vintage camera? (which means that it's so authentic looking, I cannot tell the difference in this case)

Beats me, it was just a guy with a camera who asked us to pose. I love how it turned out.

• 2 months later...

I probably shouldn't share this info so early on, but it looks like I'll be writing an article on US War Correspondents for a British history-related magazine very soon.

I've already asked Bryan to assist, and i hope together we can make this into something great. More details soon.

Also, doing a small correspondent display at a private event in Olympia tomorrow, can't wait as I haven't done much this year with all this stuff...

I did a day long Veterans event at a local high school, several of us got class groups to give 30 mite lectures to. I chose War Correspondents as I couldn't bring any weapons anyway, and I got to explain how the media shapes public opinions in the context of WW2. I think it went over really well.

post-2617-0-46463900-1416205164.jpg

More of my stuff. I couldn't go nuts because talking about the subject was the key here, not showing off all my cool stuff, though I did anyway within the proper context.

post-2617-0-94839900-1416205184.jpg

respectingthesacrifice

Very interesting, please continue to show us your great collection, I really appreciate seeing something else than the 506 PIR, ! (although I have to be honest, in this forum displays show all aspects of US militaria not only the paratroopers)

Eric

Very interesting, please continue to show us your great collection, I really appreciate seeing something else than the 506 PIR, ! (although I have to be honest, in this forum displays show all aspects of US militaria not only the paratroopers)

Thanks, Eric, I agree on the "all Airborne, all the time" mentality that re-enacting and collecting has gotten into since 2001 has long since gotten a little stale...

I have several new items in the collection, including several ID cards and passes for one named individual, I need to get some good shots of those as well.

• 1 year later...

I stuffed some of my better insignia, ID cards and such into a riker case the other day. Everything is original.

I'd think most of you would know the rarity of most of these items. The ID across the bottom left is a tri-fold one with the green backing. The cards to the right are all named to one person.

The damaged metal WarCo insignia near the center was actually dig up in Europe. Sure wish I knew the story behind that!

post-2617-0-61564000-1450202549.jpg