• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ebay seller crazyzac

For information on Bob, he is a fine guy, spent time with him at the ASMIC National in Arlington VA (perhaps Alexandriia-who knows up there) back in the 1990s when I first met him. Bob loves patches and insignia in general. He finds sources for patches (I know because I go there too for my business and he has cleaned some out) and he travels into Korea to get others. I would not be particularly surprised to find he has some made at Korean companies that sit outside the gates of US installations and make onesie, twosie, patches for U.S. Troops or can make a bunch for use in an entire unit. The fact is that this is how it is done there.

I have long ago been fascinated to learn that some believe there is a 'holy temple' where the few 'good' 'real' patches originate and then brand all others as copies, fakes, whatever is the lowest grade that week. The fact is that units may choose to re-make patches using other manufacturers than they originally used when they need to acquire replacements. As a result, the design is re-digitized meaning a set of instructions for the machine to use to make the patches is devised to look as close as those done before. Sometimes, then do not stitch in the same direction as that one they did the first time and perhaps the background stitching does not cover the area as well as the first or perhaps it covers it better which may be something that the Commanding Officer has been bitching about since they got those first patches from the 'holy temple'. Who knows? I do not say this to tell you I do not believe there are dishonest people out there who have patch designs just made up-there are those. I do not mean either to say that there are some who modify designs on purpose to offer changed material to have 'new' items to sell. I am fairly sure that has happened also. Just be careful you have some reason to call our a guy for being a faker when it is totally possible it may just be that you have no clue what you are talking about.

and dont forget that most bases in the us, have surplus shops just off post which could make up patches as well. i remember back when i was at sill, most of the shops had sewing machines going all day long making unit patches and all kinds of stuff for the guys.none of it was authorized or approved but we still had them any way

For nearly 6 years on the Forum I keep hearing FAKE, and REPRODUCTION. Maybe we can ask our Moderators to put their collective heads together and come up with a definition of FAKE and REPRODUCTION before we sully anybody's reputation.

When I was stationed in Korea 1960-61, the local shops cranked out copies of cloth and metal unit pocket patches, DUIs, Leadership shoulder tabs, Name Tapes, US ARMY tapes, etc., and no two were alike. They are as collectible today as they were 50+ years ago. And the same thing happened in Vietnam during and after the war, and they are still making them. And the same thing happened during the GULF War, and Iraq, and is still happening in Afghanistan. If you are looking for brand new still in the package WWII, Korean War, Vietnam War, ODA, Grenada, Panama, patches, and DUIs as specifically design by the TIOH you may have some unfulfilled expectations. Realize that many of the patches you are calling FAKES were UNAUTHORIZED. How can you illegally FAKE an UNAUTHORIZED patch??????? Come troops, lets use a little common sense here, Please! Danny

I was under the impression that a reproduction is an item that is made using same specs, same material, same manufacturing processes, same quality to represent a product that a company made in the past. Quite often it may be made by the same company (classic example is the Ka-bar mk2 knife).

A fake is a product which is generally listed or advertised as being original but simply is not. Usually is made just to look the same with little effort made into original specs, quality etc.

This is MY version anyways....

Why run when you can walk...Why walk when you can stand...Why stand when you can sit...Why sit when you can lie down..Why lie down when you can sleep...

• 3 months later...

I have bought a bunch of things from crazyzac over the last year. I feel vey pleased with everything I have gotten from him. The patches I have gotten from him are exactly as I expected and are exactly the same as those gotten from friends currently serving. Metal insignia and medals make up my dealings with him and I look forward to dealing with him again.

I certainly appreciate this dialog and have learned some good things along the way.

Newest Want:

U.S Army Aviation Dis

SHAEF/USAREUR patches with attached tabs - All variants

US Air Force Silver filled/Silver Oxide qualification badges and wings

definitely an incomplete list.

• 2 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.