My Grandfathers spoils...

Morlok

When I was about 10 years old, my Grandfather decided to open up about his wartime experiences. He gave me a few things that he brought home, although I wish he would have waited a few years!! I lost the photos that he removed from a "photo album I found where the Nazi Commanders lived". I remember there were 3 or 4 pictures of Hitler & Goebbels. I managed to keep the belt buckle, which he said the used for a few days after his belt broke. He quickly picked up a new belt, because he wasn't supposed to wear a swastika on his uniform! He promised that one day he would leave me his Luger, which was in the original holster with the tool & extra magazine. My Grandfather passed a few years back. He was buried with Military Honors. It was a very nice service. He remembered the promise he made some 20+ years ago, and he left me his prized Luger. The grips were broken, so I bought the best reproductions on the market. (I kept the originals) After tearing it down and giving it a good cleaning, I took it to the range. It shoots perfectly...although it feels a little strange to hold it and think of the history behind it.

If anyone wants to look him up, his name is Christian F. Morlok, 33 067 723. He fought from North Africa all the way to Germany. He was the greatest person I ever knew.

I will post pictures within the hour...Thanks for reading!!!

He was the greatest person I ever knew.

:D Reading your post made me think of my grandfather....for the same reasons, and probably because that's what got me into the hobby and the Army. A guy who served for two years, made Sgt. and came home a Pfc (he hit a mess sgt in the forehead with an apple...funny story). When you're a kid it's like being related to John Wayne and the proud feeling never really leaves you....

What unit was your grandpa in combat with?

Mine was in Co. I, 137th Infantry Regt., 35th Division

Looking forward to seeing the pictures!

What unit was your grandpa in combat with?

Mine was in Co. I, 137th Infantry Regt., 35th Division

Looking forward to seeing the pictures!

Thanks!! He was Company A 3rd Chemical Mortar Battalion...