SEAL KNIFE QUESTION

52m37

I was going through some old papers I had filed and found these documents about a spring action knife reported to be tested by the SEAL in 1991. According to the documents it was rejected because it was too expensive.

Does any one have any additional information on these knives?

I am sorry for the poor quality of the pics. If you can not read them you can find larger versions at

http://webpages.char...dgt/SEAL KNIFE/

Thanks

post-54464-0-49534900-1359773991.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

nkomo

Thanks for the link to thast thread, interesting. The info I have seems to indicate that BenchMade and Al Mar were involved in the manufacture and design.

I am going through my papers and collection (that have been in storage for the past 12 or 15 years) in order to downsize. I think I have more info on these knives and as I recall obtained a couple in the early 1990's, from a source in the South but do not recall where. I will continue to dig through my stuff and see what I can find.

Is there a market for these knives?

Thanks again!

nkomo

Thanks for the link to thast thread, interesting. The info I have seems to indicate that BenchMade and Al Mar were involved in the manufacture and design.

I am going through my papers and collection (that have been in storage for the past 12 or 15 years) in order to downsize. I think I have more info on these knives and as I recall obtained a couple in the early 1990's, from a source in the South but do not recall where. I will continue to dig through my stuff and see what I can find.

Is there a market for these knives?

Thanks again!

There is a market for anything SEAL and US Special Forces related. If I recall correctly too, these knives came out of the southern US and also in the early 90's. After the early 90's, these knives just disappeared.

• 8 years later...

I remember seeing these being for sale, covertly (under the table) at a gun show in West Palm Beach, Fl in the early 1990's.

They were a pricey $100 back then. A Norinco or Polytech AK was $299.

The guy selling them got them directly from the maker and wouldn't let anyone see the return address label on the box.

I believe the maker was in Florida also.

Two I have. Picked up the bright one last summer.Its an OX Industries and numbered 49 of 50. Made in 2011. As I understand only 50 of this bright model were made.

image.png.4f80b07e04c8b57f000f21297318bdce.png