Boxer Rebellion Marine, Peking Relief Exp. & Samar Cpl John V. Colleton

Excellent historical collection. Regarding the moth damage, I would leave as-is rather than restore it. It "is what it is."

Certainly stablize it, if needed, but I wouldn't do an arm transplant.

Thanks you , American Heritage, Teufelhunde. ret, KurtA, and Etienna. Teufelhunde, in respounse to your inquirly abou the hat device. Here are some more pics.

post-23325-0-46433500-1359740370_thumb.jpeg

I know we all praised the uniforms when you first told us about them, but today I am even more pleased because the cap you show is identical to the one I have in construction and details! Until today I had not seen another like my own. Was told by MGySgt Williams these are depot made examples...again thank you for showing this beautiful group.!

KurtA and Brian D. I concur about the restoration. I kind of like it in its as found state. I have had good luck in Civil War and Indian War uniform restoration but this is what it is, a rare set. The Cpl rank is stitched all of the way through to the lining so it holds the sleeve external fabric in place with minimal stress. Though it is currently on display it probably will only be for a few months and then returned to its storage box. Beast, I am currently compiling his history as available on Ancestry. and hopefully will post tomorrow night. Thanks everyone for their comments. I see so little available on these turn of the Century Marine uniforms, I had to posts the details of its cut and construction and the history is most interesting. Thanks again, Terry