Boxer Rebellion Marine, Peking Relief Exp. & Samar Cpl John V. Colleton

I finally was able to get these out and photograph them with a better camera. With the exception of the buttons on the 1900 Pattern summer coat everything else is just as the grouping came out of the estate auction. I first posted the group on the forum here:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/158939-c-1900-era-marine-uniforms-just-recently-surfaced/page__hl__+boxer%20+rebellion&do=findComment&comment=1201951

Sadly an independent researcher and inquiry with Washington yielded nothing more, than what Ancestry has.

Thanks again to Bob Hudson for the posted information.

Trying to decide if I should restore the mothed portion on the sleeves (equates to placing a panel of similar vintage and colored wool underneath and tack stitching the original fabric down to this) or leave it as is. I am kind of leaving it as it, what do you all think? Because of the rarity I don't mind the damage. It exists still!

Uniforms of Corporal John V. Colleton, United States Marine Corp

1900-1905

Peking Relief Expedition

Philippines Insurection: Samar, Philippine Islands

Enjoy

post-23325-0-29139300-1359716008_thumb.jpeg

Collar detail on summer coat, notice rounded collar and lack of darts or pleates going from collar to top of pocket found on later coats

post-23325-0-13693000-1359717009_thumb.jpeg

Pattern 1900 Trousers, how many of these are still around? Named in a couple areas. Missing suspender buttons and the buckle from the rear adjustment strap. Couple field repairs.

post-23325-0-33576300-1359717602_thumb.jpeg