WW2 Balloon Observer wings & misc. pin board

all1knew

Hello all,

I was wondering if somebody could help date when the Balloon Observer wings were manufactured and I would also appreciate some help identifying anything else that is desirable on the miscellaneous pin board I purchased.

Thanks in advance!

William Kramer

post-83697-0-99207700-1359669775_thumb.jpg

pin board. What are the bronze wings at the top?

Im guessing an instructors wing.Maybe a sweetheart wing.If you can get a close up picture maybe we can see better details.Any markings on the back//

The Civil Air Patrol wing is nice also.

these?

Thanks for all the help from all so far!

William Kramer

Yes,

The top anchor of the two appears to be a WW1 vintage, while the lower one is much later.

That's a fine collection of pins. Difficult to get a sense of scale/size but you appear to have a couple of USAAF officers' collar devices (winged props) and officer's visor hat device (the great seal of the US) and a USMC marksman's award (silver crossed rifles) Many of your others would fall into the "Homefront" and " Sweethearts" category...but still highly collectible!

The silver spread-eagle grasping the r/w/b enamelled disc is Civil Air Patrol badge. The numbered crossed muskets are Infantry officers' collar brass. The two enamelled stars with crossed muskets suspended beneath is a mother's pin indicating she had two sons in the Army. Can we get a back/front shot of the larger "gold" wings, top centre? They look very interesting!

Depending on its scale, the velvet crown looks like British officers' rank insignia, Major thru Brigadier, depending upon the number of "pips" worn with it.

Hello all,

Will post some photos of a small sample of what all is here. If anyone could further help me identify what all is here I would greatly appreciate it.

William Kramer

post-83697-0-56525000-1360381983.jpg