WWII Impressions Roughouts?

islandhopper

If I were to get a pair of real boots, WHITE's in Washington state might be a good place to look. They have great retro boots for $500.00 plus. I have their original smoke jumper boots, incredible boots, all handmade, last forever, Contact them on a special order...Buzz Rickson is not made in America,therefore they wont get my business. Besides, their sizes stop at 9.5?

Well, I have the WW2 Impressions M43 and USMC roughouts. I find the quality of their uniforms to be excellent, but I have little use for the boots. The Marine Roughouts are flimsy compard to orginals, I have never worn them. They just set on the shelf, the toe is no different than the army service shoes...I kinda wonder if they didnt send the wrong ones by mistake?

You cannot be talking about our boots. The toe shape on our boots between the Army and USMC boots are vastly different. Plus our boots are not $150 per pair!

Well, I have the WW2 Impressions M43 and USMC roughouts. I find the quality of their uniforms to be excellent, but I have little use for the boots. The Marine Roughouts are flimsy compard to orginals, I have never worn them. They just set on the shelf, the toe is no different than the army service shoes...I kinda wonder if they didnt send the wrong ones by mistake? either way, I would not recommend them. Its a simple design and its a shame NO one can make a pair of boots that are like the plain old rough outs. Specially for $150.00 they failed. The M43's are just the same boot with a leather cuff sewn on. As I said, clothing, outstanding...boots, very disappointed.

Howdy,

I hoped to PM but I do not have enough posts so I will attempt to have something useful to add. VR52, you could always sell your USMC's to me. I am a 10.5D

I can understand these boots not being for everyone, they are definitely not what some folks expect them to be. I think the unstructured toe throws some people off. I found the USMC Roughouts to be great overall. I have had two pair but unfortunately mis sized both times and sold them on before getting any real wear in them. The size I needed was sold out or I would be wearing a pair now. Neither pair were perfect, but no structural issues. I think the one draw back is the time in between opportunities to get a pair. It is inconvenient for the demand, but I beleive I understand the system and reason. I have been trying to get into a pair for 5+ years now. Seem to not have the funds when the next preorder comes around unlike now when I can afford them. Hopefully next time

I own a few pair of White's boot, and they are great, but a USMC boondocker boot they are not. WWII Impressions makes the best accurate version I have seen.

Was that uselss enough for my first post?

• 3 weeks later...

post-145309-0-17517300-1388184899.jpg

You cannot be talking about our boots. The toe shape on our boots between the Army and USMC boots are vastly different. Plus our boots are not $150 per pair!

Juan,

Please understand, I have bought from WW2 Impressions since 1993.Your gear is outstanding. I have 2 Jump Suits,Wool Shirt & Pants,Tanker Jacket,Army HBT's, 2 sets of Navy Dungarees, Marine HBT's,M43 Boots and the list goes on.

The boots I am referring to are not up to the quality of what I have seen from you guys in the past.

If I were off on the Dollar amount, my apologies, it may have been $129.00, the point is the boots look like earth shoes from the 1970's. I have had originals and the toes did not have the shape as these. In the enclosed photos I hope that you can see my point. If not then its just a difference of opinion.

I met you in 1996, when you were set up at that HUGE military show in LA area. You were wearing the Jump Suit with the 82nd on it, if my memory serves me correct. Please understand, I was not attacking you nor your store...Just the "faithfulness" to the original design of the boots.

attachicon.gif1227131529.jpg

Juan,

Please understand, I have bought from WW2 Impressions since 1993.Your gear is outstanding. I have 2 Jump Suits,Wool Shirt & Pants,Tanker Jacket,Army HBT's, 2 sets of Navy Dungarees, Marine HBT's,M43 Boots and the list goes on.

The boots I am referring to are not up to the quality of what I have seen from you guys in the past.

If I were off on the Dollar amount, my apologies, it may have been $129.00, the point is the boots look like earth shoes from the 1970's. I have had originals and the toes did not have the shape as these. In the enclosed photos I hope that you can see my point. If not then its just a difference of opinion.

I met you in 1996, when you were set up at that HUGE military show in LA area. You were wearing the Jump Suit with the 82nd on it, if my memory serves me correct. Please understand, I was not attacking you nor your store...Just the "faithfulness" to the original design of the boots.

Hi Don,

No worries at all. I appreciate all your business and will continue to work hard to earn it! :-)

Your photos are clearly showing the Army style shoes though the grade of leather we use is the same between USMC and Army. One must be careful about comparing 70 year old leather to new. It will never be an exact match, but it will be the closest anyone can achieve considering the proprietary nature of leather tanning and military specs between the 1940s and today.

By the way, it does not appear that you have dubbed the leather on these shoes. Have you done so?

Hi Juan,

I have not applied anything to the shoes, I have never worn them. Never have figured out what I wanted to do with them. I had ordered the marine version, thats why I figured they just got switched in shipping.

The M43's I got, I put the original dubbing on and polish. I must say, they came out well.

Thank you for the follow up.