Civil War Diorama in HO Scale

BMichael

Here's a diorama I recently finished in HO scale based on an 1864 photo of the Lydecker Store (now Freeman Store and Museum) in Vienna, VA. That picture may be found at http://www.sungazette.net/mclean-greatfalls-vienna-oakton/news/state-grants-historic-status-for-freeman-store-museum/article_b66bdedc-eb7c-11e0-8ec5-001cc4c03286.html.

The photographer and wagon are 'free-lanced' - but the sign on the wagon is 'real.' He might have been the photographer who took the picture.post-100203-0-15834300-1359379861.jpg

Wow! Phenomonal! Did I mention Wow? I'd love to see a few more pics. It looks very realistic. Just enough details, nice composition. Your photography compliments your model craftmanship well.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

post-100203-0-86795300-1369479770.jpgpost-100203-0-37953400-1369479782.jpgSorry for delay in answering - it has been a while since I visited here. If you are in the Northern Virginia area, drop in to the Freeman Store and Museum, on Church Street in Vienna, VA - the model is part of the current exhibit about the Alexandria Loudon and Hampshire RR (later the Washington and Old Dominion) that ran through Vienna from 1855 to 1968. Freeman is open Wednesday through Sunday, noon to 5. The diorama is based on the attached 1864 photo - there's a second photo taken a few minutes later, with five men standing on the porch roof.