M-9 Phrobis - 1st GEN - Chevron

Geronimosrifle

Geronimosrifle

Just joined and wanted to share this one. I bought this M-9 several years ago. Based on condition I believe it was an issued item.post-108207-0-89884500-1359245392.jpgpost-108207-0-42833200-1359245394.jpg

• 8 years later...

Very nice! I know your post is old, Geronimosrifle; hopefully, you're holding onto that Phrobis 'chevron' (I'm not talking about the Buck 188 chevron).  Nice piece of Buck/Phrobis history and they're a great collector item and always going up in value. 

Geronimosrifle ... Check out this Phrobis 'chevron' I was fortunate to procure through Frank Trzaska that belonged to prominent bayonet/knife collector, Bill Porter (RIP). It's a mis-stamped Phrobis M9 bayonet with the USA > aligned below the crossguard. It's estimated only ten were made while the stamping was being aligned by Buck Knives on the first generation production M9 bayonets for the military. Bill Porter has quoted these mis-stamped military production Phrobis M9's as "the first ones of the first generation." All are believed to have been destroyed (likely due to not meeting military Q/C standards because of the mis-stamp) with the exception of two survivors. I've since had this Phrobis M9 verified/certified by Buck Knives (CJ Buck & Richard Neyman) just to get a documented pedigree on this M9; it's likely one of two of the rarest Phrobis 'chevron' M9 bayonet's in existence and one of the first ten Phrobis 'chevron's' to be produced. 

RN letter pic.png

• 8 months later...

Here's another Phrobis 1st Generation (MPBS) M9 'Chevron' bayonet that I had the opportunity to acquire; this Chevrons are getting harder to find and are drawing premium $$$, even for ones that have been in circulation. I got this one recently from Ron Riede/Bayonet trader. It's definitely 'battle hardened' but considering its age, overall it's in great shape. I'm working to acquire another 1st Gen 'Chevron'; this one's in mint condition; when I get it, I'll be sure to post. 

Phrobis 1st gen a..jpg

Phrobis 1st Gen b..jpg

Phrobis 1st Gen c..jpg