B2 SHEEPSKIN FLYING CAPS , MAKERS ?

littlebuddy

Has anyone got a list of manufacturers contracts for the B2 cap ??? i have just aquired a 4th one to my collection which is different to the other 3 !!! so im now on a journey to find out a bit more about them , thanks to any who can help Carl

panic over !!! lol have found a website that has informed me !! has any one got a picture of a roughwear and a perry sportswear b2 ?? just so i could compare the 2 , i have ,without labels thanks carl

northcoastaero

I believe there are a few companies making reproductions of these. Several years ago, there was someone making homemade ones from leather purses, etc.

ok !! i know that 2 of mine are original as they have the labels in , the other 2 dont have labels , they are the 2 im trying to work out if they are original ??? if you have any photo's so i could compare ???? thanks C

here is what I found

- SHAW-BARTON Inc. (Coshocton, Ohio)

- HERBER SPORTSWEAR Co. (Newburgh, N.Y.)

- PERRY SPORTSWEAR (Newburgh, N.Y.)

- ROUGH WEAR CLOTHING Co. (Middletown, Pa)

- WERBER SPORTSWEAR Co. (Newburgh, N.Y.)

I don t think it is the same compagny

do you not think that "herber " and "werber " are very similar spellings apart from one letter ???? same town as well ??? ill have to have a dig around about it !!! regards carl

has anyone got a photo of the perry contract b2 and a roughwear b2 ??? i need to compare them against the 2 B2's that i have without labels , but one of them has the aaf stencil on the side cheers carl

cheers ian !! nice one ! i have a shaw barton too !! i really must get some pics of them all together !! its the amount of panels in the cap and the way they are stitched that has got me intrigued !!

i have one with a really strange peak !!! its wierd !! not like the others which have leather peaks thanks for being interested in my little post !!! carl

this is the B2 with the strange peak !! maybe a later addition to the cap ?? theatre even who knows ????

post-106122-0-89408400-1359752184.jpg

I have an Avirex replica B-2 cap. Here are some photos for comparison. It has kind of an odd peak toward the back of the cap.

post-96854-0-52776800-1359752368.jpg

post-96854-0-08756900-1359752385.jpg

post-96854-0-76319400-1359752397.jpg

post-96854-0-80960400-1359752404.jpg

thanks !! but im looking for original examples , but thanks again for taking the time to post !! best regards carl

come on guys !!! show me your B2's !!! dont be shy !! there must be a lot more out there !!! thanks to all that have sent photo's so far !!!

johan could you get a photo of the top of this cap please ?? would like to see the panel pattern and stiching thanks carl

Carl,

Sorry to say I don't believe the 3-panel cap from post #13-14 is original. The synthetic bill material is similar to one I bought in the 90s and promptly sent back. In addition the construction is just too different than the examples shown. No HH reinforcement, no label, the bill, etc. I was once told there was a batch of repros made in the 70s that appeared the back of some magazine for sale. Who can say.

Dave