WWII Pilot's Manuals

B24AT6

Big fan! I've bought a couple pre-war instrument flying manuals in the last year...but I sure haven't seen anything as nice as what you've got. The graphics are amazing...I like seeing the overlay of the black widow on the cover of the P-61 manual. Keep up the good work!

- Tim

• 2 weeks later...

Over the past week, I've gotten 5 more manuals and I'm going to begin with this, "The Bombardier's Information File" which is the general manual for bombardiers. This manual also came with four supplementary info cards.

IMG_0917_zps43671691.jpg

IMG_0918_zps711264d4.jpg

IMG_0919_zps9cc65fb8.jpg

IMG_0921_zps239c2c02.jpg

The next four are all aircraft and are some of the hardest to find manuals in the 1944-45 "Pilot Training" series. The first is the L-5 "Stinson." The L-5 manual has some of the nicest artwork of all the "Pilot Training" manuals.

IMG_0910_zps4b8abac4.jpg

IMG_0911_zpsdea55346.jpg

IMG_0913_zpsbd7b7ee3.jpg

IMG_0916_zpsf6dd69a7.jpg

One that isn't part of that series, but is probably the hardest to find I have is the Preliminary pilots manual for the B-32. The manual is dated June 1st, 1944 and the first production aircraft weren't delivered until September 19th, 1944.

IMG_0894_zps1b81bd11.jpg

IMG_0895_zps7ab3fb17.jpg

IMG_0896_zps35fccca9.jpg

IMG_0901_zps5a4ab4b4.jpg

Last post for now, but this is a group picture of the manuals I have that all belonged to the same USAAF Capt. Nothing that hasn't been posted individually, but just putting the group together for a photo.

cd33921c-6130-4e57-81c0-f3bd1d6d2779_zps

Great collection! I especially love the manual for the B17, my favorite plane, ever. If you have the motivation, you should scan these and make pdfs to preserve the info within for future generations and make it easy to share with others.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 years later...

I also collect WWII ephemera, and love the graphics...  here are a few of Nash Kelvinator and other ads showing AAF, and a small bombadier's diary of missions.

BLADES OF WRATH.jpg

1.jpg

1.jpg

1.jpg

5.jpg