Unknown backpack medical kit aviation

LOLUSMC

Hello,

unknown backpack medical aviation kit, marked " DOUGLAS Aircraft Co, PAT. D" military or civilian used ?

post-1723-0-92494600-1358958957_thumb.jpg

I am very confident its not military issue. Looks like a rigger made item to me. It could have been made by or for Douglas aircraft as an aircraft medical kit for their aircraft. Or the maker may have used fabric that was originally used for another purpose by Douglas aircraft to make his medical pouch. Or military rigger made for a squadron issue item. Maybe someone will have some further info out there.

Look's like it was used by the Douglas Aircraft Company in their plants, since it's marked by the company and they hold the patent.So more or less a home front / war production piece.It is pretty cool that you found it on the net.Never seen one before.

It is a little hard to read but look's survival was also right.Look's like it was meant for Plant, military, and CD use.Bet there's not to many around? By the patent date it's pretty early war.`I looked the Army Services Forces Collectors Guide book and couldn't find any mention of it.So chances are it wasn't Gov't issued, at least by the Army.I could see a Corpsman using it on a ship.