My 55 Years of Collecting

oldtimecollector

Well just an amazing collection! Love pretty much everything posted! Especially the wake island group and the A2s! When you get a chance would love to see more!

Now I know why us young guys can't find anything haha

Pete

You've done a beautiful job and have a collection to be proud of. Thanks very much for preserving our history and sharing your amazing collection with the forum!

I've been collecting since July 1944, and have a very similar space problem as you. I have long advised starter collectors to concentrate of quality rather than quantity. However, with the quality of your collection, doing both isn't all bad. Jack Angolia

WOW.....simply wow! And you have a bit of everything. Just wonderful!

I started a thread on the Marine Corps Expeditionary Medals trying to list the numbered medals and to whom they were awarded.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/111636-marine-corps-expeditionary-medal-s-ided/page__st__80

Could you add yours?

Mark

Incredible collection...you are doing a fine job of photography. There is only one comment I will make.

MORE!!!!!!! More photos please!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing!

Brian Dentino

I agree with everyone else, it is a great pleasure to see such a great collection. Thanks so much for taking the time to post it here for our enjoyment. I look forward to seeing lots more pictures, as I saw a lot of "lurking" items that were not featured but should be! Outstanding collection...........

Outstanding! Impressive! What I like in your fantastic collection is that it's very eclectic. I'm collecting since over 30 years but unfortunately I could not keep all I've got. Must sold to buy another...

Thank you for sharing. I hope that you'll show some other photos.

Anything related to the first jets era aviation?

Franck

oldtimecollector

WOW! I never expected such a response. Thank you for enjoying my collection as much as I do. After seeing all of the fantastic collections that other people have, I thought I’d share some of mine. Again, thank you to all who took the time to send such nice comments. I hesitated about putting some of my collection on the forum. Since people are enjoying the pictures, I’m glad I did.

I love history about our great country. So when I was just a little kid a neighbor friend of mine’s father gave me his WW 2 helmet from the war. Then some other men gave me some of their items from the war. That really started my interest. As soon as I was able to start driving I went to all of the local gun shows. I remember before I was able to drive I had taken the bus downtown and I found a Japanese Type 38 rifle in 1958. I paid $10.00 for the rifle. I carried it back home on the bus. How times have changed. Here’s this kid with a rifle almost as big as him, on the bus.

When I really began to start really spending money on my collection I purchased my first Springfield rifle. The intent was to buy a rifle to put in my pool room. Hence; you see the pool light in one of my pictures. The pool table has been buried with items for many many years. Anyway, like all collectors, we can’t just buy one of anything. You want to complete the collection. That started my journey to collect every Springfield model. I would buy what I could afford and then buy up from there until I got the best grade of rifle that I could find. I agree with one of the comments. Quality is better than quantity. However, most of us do have to buy up when we can. For many years I only purchased guns. Springfield’s are my favorite. I probably won’t part with any of them. If my wife out lives me she will have to sell them. Otherwise, my son will have to send them to an auction company. Unfortunately, he doesn’t have any interest in collecting.

ww2relichunter

Thanks for sharing this is an amazing collection i would love too be able too see it in person it would be like going to a museum dedicated to what i love

The members of this forum never stop suprising me. Your collection is so far reaching in American history. Just wonderful to see all in one place. Thank you for posting pictures of so many one of a kind items. I hope you can tell the history behind those great A-2s when you get the time. You could keep theis thread going by spotlighting your collection a piece at a time. I know the forum would like to see that!

Steve