My 55 Years of Collecting

oldtimecollector

SergeantMajorGray

your in the display section look right below what your lookinng at it should say display. also post some of your helmets and you have a great collection!!

oldtimecollector

Thanks for letting me know. Someone asked if I could show more close ups of items. I have three rooms filled to the brim. I have one little walk area to move around my collection. That's why you don't see a complete uniform. It's hard to take pictures of my items.

post-1972-0-75131400-1358941071_thumb.jpg

post-1972-0-93068500-1358941143_thumb.jpg

Excellent collection with lots of great items. Especially like those airborne helmets. Glad you decided to post it. Congratulations on putting together such a wonderful collection through the years, Ray

oldtimecollector

Thanks for all of the kind posts. I don't collect any modern guns only antique guns. Mostly from the Civil War era. Those are my favorites.

post-1972-0-18444000-1358943908_thumb.jpg

OUTSTANDING COLLECTION you have got there they are all TOP QUALITY ITEM FOR SURE, MUSEUM PIECES ! ;)

Very Impressive Collection of Early Uniforms and Equipment and Rifles and Swords you have got great stuff in there like your Helmet Collection also excellent Collection and thanks for sharing it with us also Love the Models and the Buffalo Head its Massive Wow amazing,

Regards

Tomás.

kyhistorian01

Incredible collection!!! I especially love the Navy flat hats and the remember Pearl Harbor material. The one I like the most is the USS Nevada Flat Hat as my grandfather was commissioning crew on her and served aboard through 1919. Thanks for sharing

Robert

Outstanding collection!! I really like seeing the WWI & Pre-WWI items, but then again that "Remeber Me? I'm still fighting you" poster is incredible!

Are any of your items from Indiana vets? If so, would you show some close ups of them?

oldtimecollector

My very favorite Remember Pearl Harbor item is a grouping that I got from a sailor's son who was on the USS Arizona when it exploded. He was thrown off of the ship from the explosion, and he survived. I have several pictures of him and a lot of documentation. I received all of it from his son. It's unbelievable to me that anyone would sell this kind of item, but some people just aren't interested.

oldtimecollector

I don't think I do, but to tell you the truth some of my items are in foot lockers and I haven't seen some of the items in years. I can't recall everything that I have. If I find anything I will send a post out.

This is a great web site for collectors. I really enjoy all of the postings and the displays.

Corpsmancollector

I can only echo the comments of other members, it's great to see such an outstanding collection of such depth and magnitude. I only collect WWII, but it's amazing to see all the Civil War items! The 'Remember me?' propaganda poster is fantastic!

Will