My 55 Years of Collecting

oldtimecollector

oldtimecollector

I mostly read topics on the forum and my wife sometimes asks some questions on the forum. So after looking at some of the awesome displays and collectible items; I thought I'd share some of my collection. I hope you enjoy. My passion is history, so these military items are something I cherish. I go down in my rooms in the basement every night just to find something to do. It keeps me some what sane in these crazy times.

A friend of mine came over to see my collection years ago, and he said to me. "You do not own these items they are merely on loan to you until you have to sell them to another collector for him to enjoy". Years later I have realized just how true his words were. Some day I will be selling all of my things. It's hard for a collector to part with his items, no matter how long he has been collecting.

I will start out with my Norden Bombsight. I purchased this from a Military shop in Missouri that was closing down years ago. Not only do I have the bombsight, I also have the chair and all of the manuals. It a complete set, which is hard to find, I'm told these days.

post-1972-0-97718000-1358920736.jpg

post-1972-0-09816900-1358920745.jpg

post-1972-0-05848100-1358920976.jpg

oldtimecollector

Can someone please tell me how to add larger pictures. Every time I try to add a larger picture I get an error message that it is too large. I even tried 111KB and the error message came up. Thanks for any help anyone can give to me.

Each post is limited to 150kb (total) for images, it may be that you were attaching images that added up to 150kb in one post?

SergeantMajorGray

Can someone please tell me how to add larger pictures. Every time I try to add a larger picture I get an error message that it is too large. I even tried 111KB and the error message came up. Thanks for any help anyone can give to me.

the max sized is 150kb sorry whoops rusty beat me.

oldtimecollector

I wanted to post in the display section. Can you tell me if I am in the right area, and if not know do I post in the display are. Thanks again for your help to this newcomer, in the posting area.

You have some amazing items, but I have to say that the Bison head is outstanding ! I also like the coats close by.

Do you have any USMC items ?

Close up shots would be great.

I look forward to seeing more and thank you for posting.

Cheers

Sean

oldtimecollector

I am a newcomer to posting. I wanted to post these pictures in the display section. Can you please tell me if these items are in the display section? If they are not, does anyone know how I post to the display section. It appears to me that I am posting in the Military Forum section. Thanks for any help.