My small uniform display

I was finally able to set up a small display in my room. What do you think?

DSCN1007.jpg

Fun Fact: Only 1 of the torsos in this pic is store bought. The others were made using a trash bag, some duct tape, and packaging penuts.

sigusmf.gif

Very nice!

I collect items from The Battle of Iwo Jima (1945).

Top Iwo Jima Items I'm Looking For:

1) IDed 5th MarDiv Corpsman Jumper or Forest Green Coat.

2) IDed Coast Guard Navy Jumper

3) IDed CB's Sea Bee's Navy Jumper

4) IDed 147th Infantry Regiment Army Service Coat

5) IDed 32nd ID Army Service Coat (Occupation Kyushu with 5th MarDiv).

I am always looking for named and dated WWII USMC Forest Green wool alpha jackets/coats from the 5th Marine Division or other units who participated in the battle.

My Blog "Marines In Forest Green" http://marinesinfore...n.blogspot.com/

Nice display. Looking good.

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2018.gif

"I am not broke but you can see the cracks, you can make me perfect again. All because of you". U2

Jace, Tim, and Mike you will always be my buds. God's Blessings guys.

" It's awful squatchy out here"

Very smooth mate ! good to see you used your nouse to make the torso's...leaves more $ for the collection ;)

Will you be psoting more ?

Cheers

Sean

OIF 04-05 AUSSIE VET

20 years experience in BUYING and SELLING Militaria

Collecting and Researching ALL THINGS 1st and 2nd MARDIV '39 -'45

1st MARDIV activity in Australia post Guadalcanal and Australian Manufacturers contracted to supply clothing and equipment for the refit.

2nd MARDIV involvement on Guadalcanal and 'Bloody' Tarawa

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

Nice work on the torsos. There is another way of making these using a volunteer, a t-shirt and Duct Tape. Some where there are instruction on how to build torsos this way.

By The way...be careful not to leave your uniforms in a dark room by themselves. They will mulitply very quickly and take over the entire house!!! If you put them in a closet it only gets worse as they invite their friends over and have a real party. Then you are in trouble if you open the closet and release them into the wild!!!

OK it is not that bad, but trust me they will multiply, it is a force of nature!!

Cheers

Curator/Owner Ghost Squadron Military Museum,

Curator, South Alberta Light Horse Regimental Museum

Collector of;
U.S. Infantry, uniforms, and equipment, 1860 to 1950, Primarily the 41st and 88th Infantry Divisions of WW1 and WW2, United States Army Air Force, Anything B-17 Flying Fortress related, National Guard of Pennsylvania, Royal Canadian Air Force, 4th Canadian Armored division. Springfield Armory firearms, U.S. military firearms in general.

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

Very good looking display!.

be careful not to leave your uniforms in a dark room by themselves. They will mulitply very quickly and take over the entire house!!! If you put them in a closet it only gets worse as they invite their friends over and have a real party. Then you are in trouble if you open the closet and release them into the wild!!!

OK it is not that bad, but trust me they will multiply, it is a force of nature!!

Cheers

I'll second that,before you know it you'll be sleeping in the bathroom in order to make more space for uniforms!.

Matt.

Collecting WWII and pre-war Air Corps items-Unit Histories,Uniforms,Medals and Groupings.

*Seeking Pre-WWII Air Corps Officers and Enlisted Dress Uniform items!*

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

This is very nice.

Can you you show us how to make those torsos, including pictures?

Looking to buy D-Day and 101st/82nd related groupings

Doolittle Raider Jacob DeShazer: 'If you declare with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord', and believe in your heart that God raise Him from the dead, you will be saved (Romans 10:9)

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

Very nice! How did you make the forms?

keep a look out, I'm gonna do another one and make a tutorial. with pictures

Very smooth mate ! good to see you used your nouse to make the torso's...leaves more $ for the collection ;)

Will you be psoting more ?

Cheers

Sean

Yep I don't have to many more, but I will get photo's up as soon as I can.

Nice work on the torsos. There is another way of making these using a volunteer, a t-shirt and Duct Tape. Some where there are instruction on how to build torsos this way.

By The way...be careful not to leave your uniforms in a dark room by themselves. They will mulitply very quickly and take over the entire house!!! If you put them in a closet it only gets worse as they invite their friends over and have a real party. Then you are in trouble if you open the closet and release them into the wild!!!

Cheers

hahaha! I cant argue with that, it didn't take long for them to be hanging all over my room. lol I believe my process for making the torsos is the same as you mentioned, but instead of a friend I used the torso I already had as the form.

Very good looking display!.

I'll second that,before you know it you'll be sleeping in the bathroom in order to make more space for uniforms!.

Matt.

And it will be totally worth it. LOL

This is very nice.

Can you you show us how to make those torsos, including pictures?

Sure not a problem, I'm gonna post a tutorial. it's really easy to do, and it gives great results.

sigusmf.gif

A great looking display. Is each picture below the tunic ID'd to the tunic? You know most of us collectors all started out very small, but as others have said it won't take long and you will have the room filled. It's in collectors blood, to keep searching for items no matter what size your collection is. Again, a very impressive start to your display room. Keep posting as you progress. I enjoy seeing other collectors collections.

oldtimecolletor

A tutorial would be great, they look sweet! Great job!

Will

Nice Job! Looks great!

A great looking display. Is each picture below the tunic ID'd to the tunic? You know most of us collectors all started out very small, but as others have said it won't take long and you will have the room filled. It's in collectors blood, to keep searching for items no matter what size your collection is. Again, a very impressive start to your display room. Keep posting as you progress. I enjoy seeing other collectors collections.

Thanks everyone!

Thanks oldtime it really mean allot coming from you. I can only dream of having a collection as amazing as yours one day. And yes the pictures below the unifroms are of the men who wore them.

on the left is Lawrence G Kriesler he served as Captain of Battery H, 213th Coast Artillery regiment.

http://www.usmilitar...c-how-did-i-do/

The Ike in the middle is a memorial piece commemerating my grand uncle Clarence E. Arterburn. He fought with the 68th Armored Infantry Battalion, 14th Armored Division, and was awarded 2 bronze stars for his actions in the field.

http://www.usmilitar...ke-restoration/

The USAAF Ike is a cut-down cadet jacket, and is named to Alvin H. Nurre. He piloted over 50 missions with the 429th Bomb Squadron, 2nd Bombardment group and was awarded 9 Air Medals. I am still in the process of researching this one, the insignia seems to have been on there for a long time, but it doent fit with what I learned about him.

http://www.usmilitar...n-cut-down-ike/

sigusmf.gif