Louis Perrelli - captured Japanese katana

24th_infantry

24th_infantry

I picked this up from the wife of a deceased WWII US Army veteran. Louis Perrelli served in the Pacific Theater. While overseas he came across this NCO katana. It was hand decorated by the previous Japanese owner. Perrelli wrote his serial number on the combat cover. Its a Nagoya Arsenal marked sword.

The blade is fantastic but the serial number of the blade and scabbard do not match unfortunately. I never got it appraised and would be interested in finding out approximately what it is worth. Any help is appreciated. Thanks for looking.

IMGP1687_zps8c8347e9.jpg

IMGP1688_zpsb2a5509c.jpg

ww2relichunter

prices vary i would say that depending on who made the blade and condition which looks good. i would estimate 500 to 1500s how much did you pay ? and also if its a rare blade make could sell for more

The NCO swords are not as valuable as officer models and while I don't have one (I only have officer models) I don't know if the matching SNs would matter much and condition is more important. On average, you see these for sale between 400 and 600.

Mike

I paid 1000 but I also got a mint early war bayonet for the Type 99 and a ceremonial dagger made by a Pacific Theater tribe.

Maybe a little pricey for a NCO sword with non-matching numbers but you have the veterans story to attach to it. I would get his details and some period pictures or copies of the veteran to keep with with his bring back items to increase the value. Send me a PM next time your in the market for a WW2 Japanese blade I have a couple of nice one's I may be enticed to let go to pare down the collection.

Semper Fi,

Bob

http://www.okinawarelics.comsq5fv5.jpg[/img]

************ NCO swords are not as valuable as officer models *************

I agree to a point, I just put one of these on layaway at a local store that was asking $650. I got them down to $500 after i boo hooed about the condition.

It is in this condition with MATCHING serial numbers ---- Item number 300839850403

WWII Japanese Katana NCO Sword, Matching Numbers GREAT CONDITION

View similar active items | Sell one like this

Time left: Jan-16 20:14

$999.00

1 bid

mbVXvCke-SE3KrRvQap_Lag.jpg

Japanese WWII Type 95 NCO Samurai Sword Matching NICE

View similar active items | Sell one like this

Time left: Jan-16 11:31

$725.00

15 bids

WW2 Japanese NCO Sword Type 95 Very Clean Blade