Some groups - please, I need opinions.

Ricardo

I would think the 29th group would be the most valuable.I cant say what someone else would pay but would pay $500.00 if he was a D-Day vet and the letters are from France or combat related.Just my 2 cents......Dennis thumbsup.gif

Thank you Dennis!! thumbsup.gif

Best regards,

Ricardo.

Hi Ricardo,

All of the groups look to be very good. The 29th I would put between 350-500 bucks depending on the content of the letters, the 873rd is a very intriguing grouping and if it were a ETO based unit would be the most valuable, but as it is PTO you are looking at around 300 and 150 of that is the red AIRBORNE tab. The 9th Aviation Engineers is the nicest looking of the group and I would put that at around 400 bucks as the 9th patch looks like an English made patch I have in my collection, also the DUIs are pretty uncommon and are worth around 200 bucks. The 15th I would price at around 250-300 based on the bullion patch which is around 100-150 in value.

Cheers

Gary

Hi Ricardo,

All of the groups look to be very good. The 29th I would put between 350-500 bucks depending on the content of the letters, the 873rd is a very intriguing grouping and if it were a ETO based unit would be the most valuable, but as it is PTO you are looking at around 300 and 150 of that is the red AIRBORNE tab. The 9th Aviation Engineers is the nicest looking of the group and I would put that at around 400 bucks as the 9th patch looks like an English made patch I have in my collection, also the DUIs are pretty uncommon and are worth around 200 bucks. The 15th I would price at around 250-300 based on the bullion patch which is around 100-150 in value.

Cheers

Gary

Thank you so much Gary!!! You help me a lot!!

Best regards,

Ricardo.

• 2 weeks later...
The 9th Aviation Engineers is the nicest looking of the group and I would put that at around 400 bucks as the 9th patch looks like an English made patch I have in my collection, also the DUIs are pretty uncommon and are worth around 200 bucks.

The 9th Engineer Command shoulder sleeve insignia is presented as a study in variations that exist for a given shoulder sleeve insignia. I do not claim that I show all existing variations. The unit was part of the 9th Air Force and was given the important mission of airfield construction and rehabilitation. It advanced with the front and built runways with unbelievable speed. The command was created on March 30, 1944 with less than 300 men and grew in size to become a large organization by the end of the war. Three of its battalions were airborne qualified.

Although it may have been worn prior, the shoulder sleeve insignia of the 9th Engineer Command was not approved by the Quartermaster General until June 6, 1945. This is after the end of hostilities in Europe. The 9th Air Force was inactivated in December 1945 and likely its aviation engineer component was broken up. The insignia would have been worn as a former wartime unit insignia on the right sleeve by personnel who were still on active duty after that time. Despite the rather short period of time this unit's insignia was worn, it exists in a good many variations.

From: http://www.angelfire.com/md2/patches/varia...var1aveng9.html

• 1 year later...