Bring backs from a 45th ID soldier.

Bones

I was told by the widow that this vet was with the 45th ID, 180th Infantry regiment when they came across the Dauchau concentration camp. These items were from a slave factory that made this insignia.

post-736-0-57746100-1358821147.jpg

I think this is a Munich newspaper. It shows British paratroopers being led off to POW pens. It is dated July 6, 1944 so these are D Day POWs.

post-736-0-49963000-1358821864_thumb.jpg

That photo of the good private's uniform towering over these relics is a classic example of spoils of war. The guys who wore that insignia thought it was going to be a symbol of dominance for a thousand years.... the private and his buddies showed him how wrong they were!

This is really an awesome bringback.

Do you know how much people want to pay for this insignia?

In the Netherlands, one ss collar tab is over $400....

Thanks for the comments. I do not know what company he was with. Not much paperwork in the grouping. The family kept his medals which is the way it should be.

• 2 months later...
ww2relichunter

Wow amazing bring backs they look great and are in great shape also many rare pieces their !

• 5 weeks later...
RANDALL 1953

Best of the bunch is the circular SS officers buckle in aluminum. That would bring in a pretty penny.

• 2 months later...
USCapturephotos

Great find! I love reading the accounts of members of the US 42nd Division entering Dachau from one side and 45th vets coming in from the other.

Paul

• 4 weeks later...