APH-6 Help

gap

I'm restoring my father-in-law's flight helmet from his days as a USMC Phantom Driver in Vietnam ('68-'70) . From my research, the helmet appears to be an APH-6A modified to C standards. I have been able to fix or replace several parts. However, no luck with the rubber edge roll (need a 6 inch section) and two leather fitting pads (top and back). Anyone know a source for original parts? If I can't find them, I'm thinking of using a piece of thin rubber tubing split lengthwise for the edge guard. I may also try making my own fitting pads with foam and a piece of surplus leather.

Thanks for any advice.

Sorry I do not have any piece you are looking for. But would it be possible to see some photos of your father when he was PHlying the Phantom?. Thanks.

Franck

• 4 months later...
PA Leatherneck

Gap I might be able to help you out. I have the same type of Helmet that I am in the process of restoring. Back in the day (68-72 I worked on Flight equipment and Ejection seats. Email me at [email protected]. I'm located in Lancaster County.

Roman "Ski" Milanowicz

St USMC 68-74

Ski, helmet is restored. Check the flight helmet forum for some pix. Thanks for your offer though and good luck with your resto!