90th Infantry Division "Tough Ombres" Spoils of War

Rakkasan187

This is a grouping that I picked up about 8 years ago at an ASMIC convention in Denver. This is a grouping from a PFC Sam Duke, who was assigned to Headquarters, 2nd Battalion 357th Infantry Regiment, 90th Infantry Division. Included in this grouping are Duke's Dogtags, and 2 P-38 can openers, a small 90th Infantry Division History booklet, Sterling Combat Infantryman's Badge, sterling marksman badge, 90th Infantry Division Shoulder sleeve insignia, infantry and US collar brass, ribbon bar with good conduct ribbon, world war two victory ribbon and European African Middle Eastern campaign ribbon with 5 campaign stars, overseas service hash marks, a New Testement Bible that was a Christmas present from his mother, which was enclosed in a metal pocket protector and a photograph of Duke.

There was also a large German flag in the grouping, but unfortunately the vendor sold the flag seperately several minutes before I had the chance to pick up the rest o

Also included but not pictured is a full size 90th Infantry Division Unit History, several copies of the 357th Infantry regiment newspaper, and several reunion books and other documents. Duke was very active in the 90th division association.

It appears that Duke was very busy gathering souvenirs as indicated by the various medals and other insignia that is present in this grouping.

Very nice

You must have gotten that from my old buddy Burt.He was quite the picker.I saw it when he first obtained it but wasnt selling it.As I recall it came out of DesMoines.Good to see it again

Great stuff

Leigh,

Great picture of the veteran along with all his goodies. I think the picture of the veteran always makes the group.

Regards,

John

It must have gotten around. I picked it up in Denver, Colorado at the ASMIC convention. It was a husband and wife vendor team. That's all I can remember. Thanks for the comments..

Very nice

You must have gotten that from my old buddy Burt.He was quite the picker.I saw it when he first obtained it but wasnt selling it.As I recall it came out of DesMoines.Good to see it again

Great stuff