cap aircrew heavy type d1 and d1a

littlebuddy

just found these in a carrier bag full of hats from my late uncles collection !!! i know they are not wartime but any other info would be of a great help !!! the od one has a US AIRFORCES white stenciled logo on the back ill try and show this on the photo !!! thanks Carl

post-106122-0-87234400-1358687638.jpg

The curious thing with these is that the later (blue) pattern is marked "Army Air Forces" whilst the earlier OD variant is marked "US Air Force".

ian are you sure we are not posting pics of the same collection lol !!!! sorry buddy i did do a search before i put the post up but i must have missed it !!! yeah very strange about the usaf and usaaf logo my blue one hasnt got the usaaf logo !! im getting more into the 50's airforce stuff !! was thinking about swapping the whole of my usaaf stuff !!!!! regards carl

50s USAF flight stuff is very cool but also rather expensive...and peversely less available than WW2 stuff. Once you get into "blue" territory the prices rocket because the blue nylon gear was relatively short-lived. P-series helmets are cool too. I just have one of those...but some collectors on the forum, eg bebel have incredible and extensive 50s aviation collections. You'll find various threads in the forums archives.

yeah i have noticed that just looking on ebay !!! have always fancied owning a vietnam era style flying helmet but i know nothing at all about them and there values !!

• 2 weeks later...

Nice caps. There were also accompanying intermediate four pocket wool shirts and reinforced wool trousers to go with these caps. The set was also made in sage green.

A

Nice caps. There were also accompanying intermediate four pocket wool shirts and reinforced wool trousers to go with these caps. The set was also made in sage green.

A

yes please if you have a set !!!! lol !!

Actually, I have all three sets apart from the sage green hat ;) But I have been colleting this stuff for a while :)