Anti-USMC Propaganda Button

Brig

It is a Vietnam era protest button. An estate clean out woman I know marched on the white house. She described to me her pins and this was one of them. The odd thing is some of friends that marched were vets.

Needless to say they were thrown out by her parents when her uncle, a corpsman and Navy Cross recipient, found out.

Wasn't unheard of for vets to grow disillusioned with the war. Happened with the recent wars, as well. Oswald himself practically defected to the Soviet side

• 2 weeks later...

I several prowar anti Jane Fonda badges from the Vietnam War era. Is there a market for these ?

I guess it would depend on when it was made? They made and still do make the 'Hanoi' Jane pins and stickers.I would say one's made, if they made them, right after her little trip would probably be worth something?

I emptied my bladder on a urinal sticker of her with a bullseye at an Air National Guard Base in Biloxi once...I drank lots of water after so I could repeat the process

I emptied my bladder on a urinal sticker of her with a bullseye at an Air National Guard Base in Biloxi once...I drank lots of water after so I could repeat the process

I'm sure it didn't take long for it to wear off. :D

These items are certainly collectable. I have a small collection of Vietnam War Support items which are original to the period. I think there is at least one anti-Jane Fonda example shown (I have others) in the thread linked below:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/92266-vietnam-war-support-items/page__hl__%20pro%20%20vietnam%20%20war%20%20buttons

vintageproductions

Wasn't unheard of for vets to grow disillusioned with the war. Happened with the recent wars, as well. Oswald himself practically defected to the Soviet side

Oswald did defect and moved to Russia where he got a job and got married.

Then denounced his Russian citizenship to come back to the US.