Neglected F-86...sorry Ian

renfield

Ihave seen this F-86 sitting on the court house lawn for years and thought I should get some pictures befor it falls apart. It is located in Brazil Indiana, of course if you are from there you call it BRAY-Zill. I just hate to see these great old birds uncared for. I think it is disrespectful to the men and women they are ment to honor.

Steve

post-5349-0-42349800-1358621732_thumb.jpg

post-5349-0-56569600-1358621748_thumb.jpg

This jet sat neglected for years in Terre Haute Indiana until a local American Legion post got control of it. At least they are trying to keep it in good shape. This plane was flown by the Indiana Air National Gaurd, in Terre Haute.

Steve

post-5349-0-54388000-1358622628_thumb.jpg

You still see many of these surplus carcasses dotted around the country. I remember one that sat on an exit ramp near Wenona, Illinois for many years. I quess if you had a place to park one the U.S. government would more tham oblige by providing you with a plane.

Steve...you have a moral duty to organize a "Save the F-86" committee! You can begin by selling off part of your collection to get the fund rolling. Thereafter you could do cake sales, garage sales, face-painting etc. etc. Good man...I know you can do it! Be sure to keep us informed on the forum of your progress!! ;)

Johnny Signor

I have heard usually a local VFw post or legion post has the "care" of the birds like these , I guess whoevr the local outfit that got it there originally either forgot about it , or they aren't caring to do better upkeep on it, hoepfully someone will step up and at least and give her a good cleaning and soem fresh paint/markings ......................

Those birds look great,Ian. That is the way it should be done. If you would like to be the very first to donate a cash donation to the "Save the Saber" fund I can send you my address. Large bills only please. HE HE HE

Steve

Johnny Signor

There is a F-105,F-84 and an F-4C/D at Warner Robins , inside the fence , I saw them just last year during the airshow there , the museum is also starting to cut back on upkeep , a musuem worker told me and a friend there they are starting to put less and less out for display and may get rid of some , I hope they won't be scrapped , several of the birds I saw there in the museum some years back have been put back and partially disasembled in a corner of the dispaly area , it was closed off by ropes but you could see the birds there .

Hopefully they can be moved around to other places and kept up for future displays !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a German V-1 mounted outside the courthouse in Greencastle, Indiana. It received a fresh coat of paint this past year and looks better but the colors don't look very authentic.

Marty

Steve...you have a moral duty to organize a "Save the F-86" committee! You can begin by selling off part of your collection to get the fund rolling. Thereafter you could do cake sales, garage sales, face-painting etc. etc. Good man...I know you can do it! Be sure to keep us informed on the forum of your progress!! ;)

Too funny. :lol: But since it's your namesake maybe you should help out too. :D

Are there any American a/c static displays outside the U.S.? I know there are some in Vietnam but I mean like England or other friendly countries with U.S. marking on them.

Are there any American a/c static displays outside the U.S.? I know there are some in Vietnam but I mean like England or other friendly countries with U.S. marking on them.

This 100 series Super-Sabre is a gate guardian at RAF Lakenheath, England.

post-8022-0-89320100-1358751926.jpg

While I was stationed at Spangdahlem in Germany we had static F-15, F-16, A-10 and F-105 aircraft. In 98 we even towed thw Thus to the piant barn to freshen her up. I have pics of that somewhere, I'll try to post later.

Randy

ww2relichunter

These planes should be perserved they stand for the men and women who flew them and also for all americans to learn the history of what was used to defend are country