CIB with 2 stars, which period?

Normandy1944

I have this CIB in my collection.

Is it an original one (from which period)?

And what's the value?

Please give me some information.

post-106958-0-42896600-1358594114_thumb.jpg

post-106958-0-27039400-1358594116_thumb.jpg

post-106958-0-24760200-1358594118_thumb.jpg

id agree, as an infantryman, you only ever see third awards with Nam guys really. plus the CIB looks Namy. without any provenance to go with it theyre online for 100$ in the same condition (and can still be bought new today at the PX for like 35 bucks for some reason) but this one is vintage so i would say the 75$ to 100$ range without anything else. now if you have whose it was or any papers or medals with it, made in the shade on that one and as far as anyone will be willing to pay. you dont see a lot of legit 3rd awards, dude must have been hard as they come.

I bought this a few months ago.

It's just this badge, and I don't know the name from the one who earned it.

Can I conclude that this is a rare badge?

It can only be considered "rare" if it has provenance and is actually attributable to someone who earned it as not too many GIs would have qualified for a third award. As has already been mentioned, these can be readily bought on eBay and from various insignia dealers...I have one myself which I bought at a show for about £10. It's like medals. For example, you can easily buy a generic Silver Star. However...it's a different ball game if you were to buy a named Silver Star, with provenance.