001-6.jpg

Older style Plane Captain cloth helmet

SANY0175.jpg

SANY0170-1.jpg

Flight Deck Jersey for Catapult #4 Captain

SANY0230-2.jpg

SANY0228.jpg

• 9 months later...

hi there i have just joined ,, i m collector ,, of wwii, korean , jkts sweatshirts and all things , usn , usmc,, and others ,, your green deck signal sweatshirt is awsome , matt

• 7 months later...

Hi there.

I am new to this forum so please be gentle!!! I am an avid aviation enthusiast mainly of US Naval aircraft. In my spare time I work for a private operator of jet aircraft in New Zealand with a US Naval theme with regard to our hand signals, call signs, job titles etc.

My role with this company is sort of crew chief come shooter and my title is Shooter so I get to launch them for every flight. As such I am trying to get hold of a certain piece of modern US Naval clothing. I have already managed to lay my hands on the yellow long sleeve turtle neck shirt and the cranial helmet.

I wonder if anyone might have a Yellow Mk1 US Navy Life Preserver with or without the inflatable bladder in a size small? Preferably one by Switlik or Switlik Eastern but I would gladly take a Stearns one if a Switlik is not available. I have also seen others that may appear to be a Switlik vest but have a label with the name Lions Volunteer Blind Ind Inc. One those would also be acceptable also.

If anyone has one, I don't care if it has been used as long as it is not falling apart and it has been cleaned or can be cleaned. I would prefer that the inflatable bladder and marker dye be removed due to shipping restrictions. I am happy to negotiate a reasonable price.

So to recap, I am looking for a YELLOW MK1 LIFE PRESERVER VEST IN SIZE SMALL, SWITLIK OR STEARNS WITHOUT INFLATABLE BLADDER.

Hope someone can help.

Regards

Andrew

Hi there.

I am new to this forum so please be gentle!!! I am an avid aviation enthusiast mainly of US Naval aircraft. In my spare time I work for a private operator of jet aircraft in New Zealand with a US Naval theme with regard to our hand signals, call signs, job titles etc.

My role with this company is sort of crew chief come shooter and my title is Shooter so I get to launch them for every flight. As such I am trying to get hold of a certain piece of modern US Naval clothing. I have already managed to lay my hands on the yellow long sleeve turtle neck shirt and the cranial helmet.

I wonder if anyone might have a Yellow Mk1 US Navy Life Preserver with or without the inflatable bladder in a size small? Preferably one by Switlik or Switlik Eastern but I would gladly take a Stearns one if a Switlik is not available. I have also seen others that may appear to be a Switlik vest but have a label with the name Lions Volunteer Blind Ind Inc. One those would also be acceptable also.

If anyone has one, I don't care if it has been used as long as it is not falling apart and it has been cleaned or can be cleaned. I would prefer that the inflatable bladder and marker dye be removed due to shipping restrictions. I am happy to negotiate a reasonable price.

So to recap, I am looking for a YELLOW MK1 LIFE PRESERVER VEST IN SIZE SMALL, SWITLIK OR STEARNS WITHOUT INFLATABLE BLADDER.

Hope someone can help.

Regards

Andrew

BUMP