70th Div. vet bring back from Dachua concentration camp.

rrobertscv

As my avatar and my signature shows, I am a big 70th Div collector. My Uncle was an infantry man in the 70th. I was given all of his military things after he died, I never knew they existed and he never talked about it. I had this for several years before I knew what it was, I am saying it is from Dachua because I have several photos he took inside the camp and they are marked on the back. My wife hates this item, she says it is evil and she will not handle it. It is a mass grave marker used to mark a pit after people were cremated. It hung by a wire from a metal pole stuck in the ground. My other Uncle, his brother, said he told him it came from the building where they were made and not from a grave site.

marker-1.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
USCapturephotos

WOW! Thanks for sharing. Sadly as time goes by more and more people believe the crap about the Holocaust being overblown. Drives me nuts. I even had another collector tell me my WW2 veteran friends who were liberators were lying about what they had seen. NUTS I say.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...
Garandomatic

I might have identical pictures at the school I teach at that were brought in by a vet's family. I'll have to look and see, I scanned them and have them on my flash drive.

YankeeSpirit76

I would tell your wife that there is nothing evil about that marker. The only thing evil was the murderers who put all of those people in the mass grave after their lives were taken from them. I think by owning it and displaying it you are honoring all of the innocent men, women, and little children that are buried there. You are saying to them that, the world may have forgotten you, but, I haven't.

I would tell your wife that there is nothing evil about that marker. The only thing evil was the murderers who put all of those people in the mass grave after their lives were taken from them. I think by owning it and displaying it you are honoring all of the innocent men, women, and little children that are buried there. You are saying to them that, the world may have forgotten you, but, I haven't.

It is a piece that never fails to evoke strong emotions when I include it in my display's.