Looking for Texas WWII Reenactor Units

rjhyden

I`m looking to join a living history/ reenactor WWII infantry group. The only one that has an online presence in Texas is the Co. B 141st 36th Division, attached to the Texas Military Forces Museum at Camp Mabry Austin. They`ve pretty made me understand that they are not into reenacting per se and from the tone of their response to me, fairly exclusive.They did mention to me that there was a scattering of squad sized units in the state and this is what I would like to find out about.

What part of the state are you in? I am in G Co. out of Camp Mabry that you mentioned early not B. But also in a few smaller groups. We always have a good time and could help you find a place in the state. There is asmall reenactment coming up in Feb. at Fort Richardson if you are intereseted.

I live east of Waco about 50. Sounds exactly like what I`m looking for. I still need to get further equiped, but I`m very intersted. [email protected]

I want authenticity, but I also would enjoy a good time. Give me a shout.

• 3 weeks later...

Midland is a long way away from Houston. But, you might want to drop an email to Shawn the club president and invite us. You never know.

Paul

I do 1st Inf up near Dallas but I doubt that one soldier counts as a unit LOL.

There is an event at Brent Mullins coming up March 22-23 in College Station and then another at Camp Mabry April 20-21.

Not sure if you've found one yet, but there's a group starting in the Waco/Waxahachie vicinity doing D/506 of the 101st.

http://vintagemilitarytrucks.com/Dog_Company.htm

It's still a fairly new setup (made two events as a unit so far) but we're always hunting new blood. We'll make Richardson and Brent Mullins' place, some of us may get out to the Mabry event, and supposedly we've got a boot camp coming up in May.

Not sure if you've found one yet, but there's a group starting in the Waco/Waxahachie vicinity doing D/506 of the 101st.

http://vintagemilita...Dog_Company.htm

It's still a fairly new setup (made two events as a unit so far) but we're always hunting new blood. We'll make Richardson and Brent Mullins' place, some of us may get out to the Mabry event, and supposedly we've got a boot camp coming up in May.

That`s cool , but I`m mainly seeking Infantry. It seems to be the thing that attracts me.

Heh. Just thought I'd throw it out there, seeing as you're already in neighborhood more or less.

Happy hunting.

I appreciate it, J.F. I never say never.

• 2 years later...