Anyone Know What This Beautiful Bullion Patch Is?

militbuff

that is really nicely done, very tropical it looks like. im stumped though

The auction says that the vet served in both Africa (I'm guessing North) and the Middle East.

i just tried looking for it, doesnt fit my collection but i wanted to see the write up on it. i have no idea what it is, if the auctions over i hope you bought it for fun!

I see what its trying to depict, looks like the focus is on cliffs, maybe somewhere cliffy in north africa like gibraltar or something along those lines. im just trying to interpet the art into what the patch could be. someone will know what this is when they get home from work thats for sure

the numbers on the back, not sure where they came from, but theyre obviously not out of any of te main Arabic, Dari, Farsi or tribal numerical systems all through the north africa and middle east area, maybe someone can shine some light on that?

i still see a palm tree, with cliffs and ocean underneath.............now this could be the Picasso of theatre patches, but im actually starting to think it might be souvenier patch like they did in France and Germany for regions and landmarks and so on.

i still see a palm tree, with cliffs and ocean underneath.............now this could be the Picasso of theatre patches, but im actually starting to think it might be souvenier patch like they did in France and Germany for regions and landmarks and so on.

It's definitely a beautiful & well made patch.

ok, i ran it padt a buddy of mine, hes thinking it could be a territorial patch and not military at all (i have a few french ones like that from WW2, i thought they were unit patches, but no, they were almost like souvenier patches from french regions) but he also said to look into British Command patches, cause it looks similar to some Brits. he knows ALOT more about this sort of thing than i do so im just offering his advice out

I was thinking "radar", but I can see your "palm tree". This is turning into a "Freudian Ink Blot Test"!

This is a patch from the movie "Hans Brinker and the Silver Skates".

When the Netherlands team visited Japan for the Tokyo Invitational Championship, these patches were awarded to the participants.

The Windmill and Rising Sun represent the teams, the ocean is in the foreground, and the white divided area are the lanes the competitors skate in.

You youngsters just wouldn't remember! :)

This is a patch from the movie "Hans Brinker and the Silver Skates".

When the Netherlands team visited Japan for the Tokyo Invitational Championship, these patches were awarded to the participants.

The Windmill and Rising Sun represent the teams, the ocean is in the foreground, and the white divided area are the lanes the competitors skate in.

You youngsters just wouldn't remember! :)

For a minute I thought you were serious! :lol:

This IS like one of those ink tests where they test how crazy you really are. I see a beautiful beach with a nice hot sun and I see myself lying down near the edge of the water with an ice-cold six-pack. :love:

I have thought about bidding, have poured over all the reference material i have and still had no luck on an id. :unsure: To much unknown for the gamble here. Good looking patch thou!