V42 Stiletto ?

coyote16

hello friends

can you please tell me if my dagger is original ??

people say yes !

people say no !

can you help my please

thanck you very much

dscn0310.jpg

dscn0311.jpg

dscn0312.jpg

dscn0313.jpg

dscn0314.jpg

dscn0315.jpg

dscn0316.jpg

dscn0317.jpg

The knife looks good with the exception you pointed out, GB.

I see what is left of the saddows of the deep horizontal groves in the thumb print. I wonder is someone went to a lot of trouble to buff those out?? The final proof would be the depth of the print after such prolonged buffing.

Of course, without the knife in hand, and further detailed inspection, we can't give it a thumbs-up.

Just a thought.

Ps......Thank you for using my knife as an example.

I've read on this forum in the past that the thumb print grooves were done by hand. I don't know much about the V-42 but I do know a little about machine process. Is it possible that after the initial thumb print cut, which I'm sure was done with a machine the grooves were never done. A missed process at the factory?

The knife looks good to me

Is it possible that after the initial thumb print cut, which I'm sure was done with a machine the grooves were never done. A missed process at the factory?

The knife looks good to me

I will ask this question because I am NOT a machinist either. If the grooves were missed, would we still have TWO perpendicular striping patterns on the print area??

Looks to me like it just missed the print process. That bowl-ed out cut would have been done with a burr or stone that would leave tool marks perpindicular to the blade. I would wager that the finishing process involved some sort of abrasive, either emory cloth, sanding, or something of that nature in a fine pattern to make a uniform blade. Makes sense it would run the length of the blade to clean it up before parkerizing, etc. I'm no expert, but I do know a little about machining, looks OK to me, certainly has that patina.

The knife looks good with the exception you pointed out, GB.

Ps......Thank you for using my knife as an example.

JS,

You are welcome. It's a beauty!

I will ask this question because I am NOT a machinist either. If the grooves were missed, would we still have TWO perpendicular striping patterns on the print area??

We need Don Schlagan!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...