New D-day Landing scene?

patches

post-34986-0-41235000-1358148527.jpg

KFC is this? I stumbled across what I think is movie still, something to do with the X-Men, the X-Men hit the Beach at Omaha? I don't know anyhing about the X-Men. is that the actor Jachman or something or other? anybody know what's the deal?

Its part of the opening montage from Wolverine:X-Men Origins and YES I'm embarrassed to admit I know that!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Men_Origins:_Wolverine

Ah yes, I found it, two of them, they are soldiers eh, in the Civil War, WW's I and II, sounds like the took the story line of those books on the eternal soldier, I remember them in 1980, I read one of them when I was at Fort Hood, but I forgot what they were called, the series about Longinus the Roman soldier, condemed to wander the earth and be a soldier for eternity for throwing the spear at Jesus as he hung on the cross, anyone remember these books?

Maybe we should add Jachman facial hair in that Facial Hair Topic, you know as another example of a GI with Facial Hair in WWII, Korea :P

Maybe we should add Jachman facial hair in that Facial Hair Topic, you know as another example of a GI with Facial Hair in WWII, Korea :P

Lets call the Hugh Jackmann aka Wolverine part of this topic "whiskers in war". :lol:

Ah yes, I found it, two of them, they are soldiers eh, in the Civil War, WW's I and II, sounds like the took the story line of those books on the eternal soldier, I remember them in 1980, I read one of them when I was at Fort Hood, but I forgot what they were called, the series about Longinus the Roman soldier, condemed to wander the earth and be a soldier for eternity for throwing the spear at Jesus as he hung on the cross, anyone remember these books?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casca_(series)

craig_pickrall

I wonder if Barry Sadler really wrote these books or if he just sold his name to the publisher?