Army Commendation Medal - Sewell

kbulow

Hi All,

I have just recently purchased an Army Commendation Medal named to Gerald L. Sewell via E-Bay. It was described as from the Vietnam period, I have just undertaken a search from WW2 to Vietnam and can find only one Gerald L. Sewell.

This is two a Major Gerald L. Sewell of the Air Cav, I found a photo showing his grave stating that he was awarded a Silver Star, Bronze Star, Purple Heart, Air Medal and Army Commendation Medal. My question is it possible that the medal I purchased is indeed to Major Sewell? or was there another person of this name who served and was awarded this medal?

Major Sewell is listed as born on the 2nd of May 1939, and died on the 20th of March 2012, any help or information on this guy would be appreciated.

Regards

Kerry

post-7278-0-36919300-1358037472_thumb.jpg

He's buried at Fort Sam Houston National Cemetery. The VA is supposed to verify awards when ordering the marker, so I put a lot of faith in the accuracy, although that doesn't prove or disprove the ARCOM was for this guy. Also, here's the link to the National Cemetery database:

http://gravelocator.cem.va.gov/

Mark sends

He's buried at Fort Sam Houston National Cemetery. The VA is supposed to verify awards when ordering the marker, so I put a lot of faith in the accuracy, although that doesn't prove or disprove the ARCOM was for this guy. Also, here's the link to the National Cemetery database:

http://gravelocator.cem.va.gov/

Mark sends

Hi Mark,

Thanks for that, just what I thought really not sure if the ARCOM was to this guy. I have looked and can't find anyone who served in WW2 with this name and the only Vietnam vet with this name that I can currently locate is Major Sewell but I only have limited resources. So there could be another Gerald L. Sewell who served in Korea or Vietnam, I'm just trying to confirm for sure.

I'm hoping that someone with more resources than mecould tell me if there was another Gerald L. Sewell who served in the Army during the Korean or Vietnam Wars

Regards,

Kerry