SHOW YOUR SCRIPT ENGRAVED 47-49 MEDALS

Wharfmaster

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Here is a couple of medals from my collection.

PH and BS script engraved to Wilton A. Nabors. I haven't been able to find anything on him. With the medals came a pilot wing and a an article saying he reinlisted after WWII.

post-2812-0-72727100-1583048402_thumb.jpg

Wilton Allan Nabors

Born: 9/21/13, Pelham, Alabama

Registered for the draft: 10/22/45, while living in Eden, St. Clair, AL

Enlisted: 3/11/46 (another source cites 3/19), in the AAC, and stayed in until 4/30/58.

Passed on 5/7/82.

Buried in Edgemont Cemetery, Anniston, AL

Here is a couple of medals from my collection.

PH and BS script engraved to Wilton A. Nabors. I haven't been able to find anything on him. With the medals came a pilot wing and a an article saying he reinlisted after WWII.

post-94991-0-31503700-1583069053_thumb.jpeg

post-94991-0-84524400-1583069462_thumb.jpeg

Seems like the medals are for service in Korea then? I thought they were for service in WWII. Will try and find out which unit he served in and when he got wounded.

Thanks Blacksmith

Seems like the medals are for service in Korea then? I thought they were for service in WWII. Will try and find out which unit he served in and when he got wounded.

Thanks Blacksmith

I think they were WWII service the enlistment date might be re-up date ? He was an Air force recruiter in Alabama during Korea . lots of articles on newspapers.com but I don't have account to read them !

I will start a new thread about this and perhaps someone will be able to help me.

Don't want to hijack this thread.

• 1 year later...
collectsmedals
11 hours ago, Medalman90 said:

Here’s one of my script engraved ARCOMs. This one was awarded to Colonel Myron I. Samuelson.

E4FE265B-BF6E-4F51-8B1E-5526CAAE1056.jpeg

472FCBB5-9789-4A9B-ABD4-ECC9EDB4DEFE.jpeg

I noticed they utilized a slot brooch pin placed into a crimp brooch base on the ribbon. I have an example just like it and I understand it was fairly common for the Army and Navy Commendation Medals from about 1949 to 1960.

collectsmedals

Here is a script engraved Army Commendation Medal to William V Hannay and a New York State Conspicuous Service Cross also script engraved to Wm V Hanney Lt Col.

Note the same slot brooch / crimp brooch combination as the one posted by Medalman90 except the slot brooch piece have been inserted into the crimp pieces rotated 180 degrees.

The New York State Conspicuous Service Cross is tracible by its number 7794 to William V Hannay and was awarded in 1949.

DSCF2280.jpg

DSCF2281.jpg

16 hours ago, collectsmedals said:

“Note the same slot brooch / crimp brooch combination as the one posted by Medalman90 except the slot brooch piece have been inserted into the crimp pieces rotated 180 degrees.“

I’m glad I’m not the only one who noticed that. 

16 hours ago, collectsmedals said:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
Basic Rifleman

Air Medal to Walter Selium Kendall Jr., Bombardier, 384th Bomb Group, MIA/POW at Stulag Luft 1.

DSC_4759.JPG