1st infantry division association with ww2 veterans?

Normandy1944

Hello everyone,

Does someone know if there are 1st infantry division association with ww2 veterans?

I want to collect uniforms and groupings from this division, and also the stories of veterans from this division.

Can someone help me?

You may want to try contacting the 1st Division Museum at Cantigny Park in Wheaton,Illinois.They have an excellent library and may have collected stories from 1st vets.As far as 1st items,you just have to keep yours eyes open and your ear to the ground as we all do.(this forum,e bay,shows,etc)

Good luck.By the way my dad was in the 1st for occupation duties.Lot of guys built points in the 1st to go home after spending time in other units during the war.

Bob

Did some searching around.The 26th regiment has been a part of the 1st Division forever.The 26th's nickname is the "Blue Spaders".The "Blue Spaders have an active organization.(bluespaders.org)The 26th landed on D-Day and were in all major battles involving the 1st Division.

Thanks for the information.

I'll try to mail them as soon as possible.

P.S. Could you mail me your dads story? I also collect stories from veterans (like I said in my first post)