Meyer: N.S. Meyer

ADMIN

It's crazy how many variations and manufacturers there can be for just one insignia. I've got Meyer types and probably 10-20 other manufacturers (domestic and foreign makes). You're right though, I need to get on this project.

• 2 weeks later...

How about markings on swords for Meyer? I have an old ROTC cadet sword. I am sure it is pre WWI or pre WWII because the sword also says Germany. Anybody can help?

post-1837-0-81311500-1415929798.jpg

• 1 month later...

I found this marking on a couple of my Air Force badges. Is it NS Meyer related?

That's a wierd one, I 21 should be for International Insignia Corp, provenance, RI

You are absolutely correct, I did some searching of the company and found: International Insignia Corp., provenance, RI. (I21) I (2*)

I-21 is their marking. Thank you!

You are absolutely correct, I did some searching of the company and found: International Insignia Corp., provenance, RI. (I21) I (2*)

I-21 is their marking. Thank you!

Wierd that they would mimic a NS Meyer style shield eh?

• 2 months later...

i have some gold tone meyer 2 3/4" navy wings marked

n.s.meyer inc

new york

no shield or other marks

anybody can date these or they not real?

• 2 weeks later...

have some MS MEYER (maybe worn down INC)

NEW YORK

marks - only

on gold tone naval wings?

are these problematic?

i have some gold tone meyer 2 3/4" navy wings marked

n.s.meyer inc

new york

no shield or other marks

anybody can date these or they not real?

Possibly 70s -80s gpspartan

teufelhunde.ret

Gents, reference threads are for posting pics of insignia hallmark and limited ID discussion. Pls refrain from protracted conversations as they undermine the thread purpose. Take it to the insignia topic area pls. The mods will move posts here as warranted. Thx for your cooperation.

• 2 weeks later...

Navy/Marine Presidential Unit Citation Ribbon with N.S. Meyer with Shield M22 Shield (nothing in shields too small)

can anyone date this ribbon?

• 4 weeks later...

Posting my New York Meyer 9 over M in shield LTC rank insignia. The insignia is shoulder form and marked sterling.

post-96084-0-86684800-1431221268.jpg

post-96084-0-48373800-1431221288.jpg

• 4 months later...

I picked these up a while back. They're marked "N.S. Meyer Inc. N.Y.C", "Rolled Gold Plate" and no shield. I initially thought WWII era but after looking a little closer I'm thinking they may be 1950's. Any thoughts on these? Thanks!

post-129968-0-73919700-1443789122.jpg

post-129968-0-48405000-1443789133.jpg

I picked these up a while back. They're marked "N.S. Meyer Inc. N.Y.C", "Rolled Gold Plate" and no shield. I initially thought WWII era but after looking a little closer I'm thinking they may be 1950's. Any thoughts on these? Thanks!

attachicon.gif2015-10-02 08.10.03.jpg

attachicon.gif2015-10-02 08.10.30.jpg

Probably WWII as they have those flat faced WWII era clutches on them.

That thought had crossed my mind as well but the clutches could easily be swapped out. This particular Meyer hallmark has me stumped though.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Well, I read through this topic and didn't find my answer but, I did see several pictured....the shield with "USMC/97". What is the significance of that mark? Mine is on a 2nd Lt. shoulder bar. Here is a photo. Thanks

. post-2830-0-88058000-1461677240.jpg

I read the link referenced by patches. They did not have a positive take on it either and did have a problem with dating its use. I will add this (the referenced link is "locked"): This 2nd Lt. bar is part of a three piece set. The other 2nd. Lt bar and the smaller bar for the garrison cap are both Hilborn-Hamburger marked with the "H-H" inside the eagle's outline. Below that is "STERLING" and below sterling is "622". In reading the H-H Hallmark section I found the number would be an "approval number" and dates from 1950-1955. So, it MAY mean that the piece marked with the USMC/97 is period with the H-H 622 and therefore would be '50-'55 manufacture???? There is a photo of a piece marked with the 622 in the Hilborn-Hamburger secton, post #35. Thanks!

I read the link referenced by patches. They did not have a positive take on it either and did have a problem with dating its use. I will add this (the referenced link is "locked"): This 2nd Lt. bar is part of a three piece set. The other 2nd. Lt bar and the smaller bar for the garrison cap are both Hilborn-Hamburger marked with the "H-H" inside the eagle's outline. Below that is "STERLING" and below sterling is "622". In reading the H-H Hallmark section I found the number would be an "approval number" and dates from 1950-1955. So, it MAY mean that the piece marked with the USMC/97 is period with the H-H 622 and therefore would be '50-'55 manufacture???? There is a photo of a piece marked with the 622 in the Hilborn-Hamburger secton, post #35. Thanks!

Well on the one EGA USMC97 marked one, we do see the Meyer 9M shield, that in itself makes it one made from 1954-65, after that Meyer goes with the new code shield 22M.