Meyer: N.S. Meyer

ADMIN

Maker / Manufacturer: N.S. Meyer / NS Meyer / N. S. Meyer

Today I was going through some of the new posts and on several I came across questions regarding the N.S. Meyer hallmark. Particularly it was asked which hallmarks were used by N.S. Meyer on DIs / DUIs during World War II?

Several members mentioned the one hallmark with the company name and the Meyer shield. However, a couple times it was mentioned that there were others as well.

Squad leader

N.S. Meyer markings

In the 20’s : screwback, “N.S. MEYER, INC. NEW YORK” (raised), no shield

Early 30’s : screwback, “N.S. MEYER NEW YORK” + shield (engraved).

Mid 30’s to 1943 : screwback, “N.S. MEYER, INC. NEW YORK” + shield (engraved).

WWII : pinback, “N.S. MEYER, INC. NEW YORK” + shield (raised)

Late 40’s : Shield only (raised)

Late 40’s to early 50’s : “N.S. MEYER, INC. NEW YORK” + shield (raised and ½ size)

Early 50’s : “N.S. MEYER, INC. N.Y.C” or “N.S. MEYER, INC. N.Y.©” + shield (raised)

Mid 50’s to Mid 60’s : “N.S. MEYER, INC NY” or “N.S. MEYER, INC NEW YORK” + Shield + 9M (raised).

Mid 60’s to mid 70’s : N.S. MEYER, INC. NEW YORK” + shield + 22M (raised)

Since mid 70’s : N.S. MEYER, INC. NEW YORK MADE IN USA” + shield + 22M (raised).

Source : Militaria magazine, issue 272, mars 2008, p. 43.

Hope it helps.

Dan.

BELOW ARE SOME CLOSE APPROXIMATES OF THE ABOVE MENTIONED MARKS. FEEL FREE TO COMMENT.

Mid 30’s to 1943 : screwback, “N.S. MEYER, INC. NEW YORK” + shield (engraved).

3.jpg

WWII : pinback, “N.S. MEYER, INC. NEW YORK” + shield

1.jpg

Early 50’s : “N.S. MEYER, INC. N.Y.C” or “N.S. MEYER, INC. N.Y.©” + shield (raised)

2.jpg

Mid 50’s to Mid 60’s : “N.S. MEYER, INC NY” or “N.S. MEYER, INC NEW YORK” + Shield + 9M (raised).

1.jpg

By the way, thanks for the above guys! :)

Here is one, but it doesn't really fit any of the above.

It just reads (at least it appears to):

N.S. MEYER INC.

NEW YORK N.Y.

STERLING

Don't see any shield and the stamp is not raised.

Any ideas?

1.jpg

I have 2 NS MEYER pins with the NS MEYER INC N.Y.C. and raised shield which would have been manufactured prior to 1950. They belong to my uncle he bought them in 1946 or 1947. Still on the paper backing used to display in stores. I think that the listing of this type being 1950's is not correct.

teufelhunde.ret

Here is a hallmark on the reverse of an EGA from the collection of Bobgee. It is a 1926 "fire bronze for the barracks cover.

post_503_1190414283.jpg

teufelhunde.ret

and a W.O. bar, see post here:http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9095&hl=meyer

post_84_1187726834.jpg

teufelhunde.ret

another dress collar from the collection of Bobgee, early 20's dress collar w/ two hallmark stamps:

post_503_1186093746.jpg

post_503_1186093720.jpg

teufelhunde.ret

these are a pair of dress collars in the WW2 pattern which thru ww2 to 1962, these are likely post Korea, from collection of "GLM"

post_84_1179879634.jpg

Darrell - Nice representation of the ubiquitous Meyer hallmarks! They sure made high-quality insignia.

S/F.....Bobgee