USAF Type G-1 ground jacket

vintageproductions

vintageproductions

This is by far one of my favorite nylon flight jackets from the 50's - 60's.

Worn by ground crew members on the flight decks so that they were visible.

Have also heard there is a red and black checkered one also, but have never seen one.

g11.jpg

g12.jpg

g13.jpg

Those are cool Bob.

Saw a re/black one about 15 years ago on ebay and only a couple of the others on occasion for sale over the years.

vintageproductions

You can laugh Robin, but everytime I buy one of these Danielle comes in the shop and says, "Oh I see you bought another jockey jacket".

American Graffiti

They are cool for sure, and covetable in japan, I have chased several unsuccessfully! Think member Pluto has a brown and yellow? check one, the zipper was brown at least.

AG

Corpsmancollector

That's fantastic Bob, never seen one before. Thanks for posting, I can see why they might be fashionable in Japan!

Will

Indeed AG - mine is exactly the same as Bob's - same maker - Lion - same fab proto op-art print, black and yellow, sprung Crown zips throughout...

P.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I bought one of these from a neighborhood garage sale about 20 years ago. The fellow wore it as a USAF ground crewman. It was a prized possession for a while. I'd never been able to locate one while I was collecting this kind of stuff. Eventually passed along to a dealer was as happy as I was to see it.