ebay - auction

doughboy

88thcollector

I know it is rare but I did not know it was that rare. I can only see it in German, is that just me? I signed in and out and deleted cookies but it is still just in German.

Joe McKinney

I've got it in German also, but the ending price is in U.S. Dollars.

If I am reading the bid history right, it looks like the price jumped by almost $1,200 in the last few seconds of the auction. This looks like another case of snipers gone wild.

A real one is probably worth that serious kind of money. They are seldom seen. The originals were WWII vintage and were made of rayon. There was an outstanding replica made a few years ago and were sold as replicas/repros. They were made of nylon. Without seeing this one on eBay side-by-side with a known original, it is difficult to state good or bad. There is also a slight difference in the color of the border. To me, the original border color is almost unique among WWII patches and would be hard to duplicate exactly. So, to all those who said they had one already and wondered why the bids were so high, perhaps yours is one of the modern replicas. Who knows?

Patch Johnson

I do not like the color of the border at all.Steve is right the color is between a grey and a silver with a hint of green and unless the scanner picked up the color wrong this does not look right.Heres a shot of one I sold about 5 years ago.The patch is so Rare I have had just one in 35 years and I have bought and sold over 40 T Forces.Scotty

img475.jpg

img476.jpg

Here are 3 versions of the "Unknown Wampus Patch" seen side by side.

- Top: The Patch in Question (I tried to clean up the image from eBay as best I could)

- Middle: Scotty's Patch

- Bottom: The Rayon/Nylon Patch that Patch Johnson mentioned

RYCOM1705a.jpg

vostoktrading

Fascinating... Love this forum! Thanks guys for pooling your knowlege and getting it out to the membership.

I notice the knife is curvey on the patch in question, unlike the other two. My feeling is this is a good piece.

Jon.

Now that I see it cleaned up I agree with Jon.Scotty I wish had had some of the forums members knowledge on how to do things on the computer.

• 9 months later...

Hey guys, I know I'm a bit late to this thread, but I'm curious. I help run a Military Patches website. We only deal in replicas, but saw some discussion from Patch Johnson about a replica for this particular patch. We could get a quality replica made, and am interested to know if this would interest any of you. Thanks.