USN Ship Tabs/UIMs

miner-al

Hi Y'all, and Happy New Year!

It's been a while since I last posted any photos of Navy ship tabs, so I took a little time and seperated all my THEATRE made tabs that are in my collection. I'm really fascinated in these tabs. It speaks of the pride that sailors had in their ships or units, that they'd look to private sources, to put the name up on their shoulder. I would imagine that most of these type tabs originated in the far east, places like Japan, Viet Nam, and the Phillipines.

As I've mentioned once before, if anyone has any tabs that they'd be willing to part with, in any manner, give me a yell. One can never have enough of these dang things. ALSO, if anyone here is looking for a tab from the ship they spent some time on, ask me, I might have one for you. I've got a few laying around.

Enjoy the photos!

post-41963-0-92100900-1357413516.jpgAl

• 2 weeks later...
royal navy in Malta

hi

just reading anyone interested in swopping UIM's I come from Malta and have quite a few to swop doubles to my collection of around 400

this is my email address-; Paul mallia [email protected]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, just read your post, and sorry to say, that there wasn't a tab made for the USS Sibley. She was decommissioned in 1946, much to early before tabs came about in the mid-to-late 1950's. Thanks for asking though!

• 3 weeks later...
post-41963-0-84492400-1361293888.jpgHi Vostok, I'm sorry to say that I don't hav a tab for the USS WATTS other than the one in my personal collection. Not that it helps any, but I'll share a photo of it though! Best Wishes, Al