Let's see your military-related photo(s)

fstop61

• 1 year later...
Manchu Warrior

First photo is of me in MOPP level I don't remember with M60 at tent city Warrior Base 38th Parallel the ROK.  Second photo is of me with Kevlar on in front of one of the several scud bunkers me my platoon mates built wile assigned to an Infantry TOC. Location, battle positions somewhere in the Arabian Desert on the Iraqi border. For those that don't know the TOC happens to be very top heavy and therefore not many lower enlisted around. There were about eight of us and we did all the grunt work. With that said building those scud bunkers in about 110 degrees was by far and without any amount of doubt the hardest work I ever did by a long shot while in the US Army. 

IMG_2110.JPG.ac0ae922e20b9ddee4f56709a4a43fe3.JPGIMG_2109.JPG.2c944967fc5fb33cd146627ee4ba7746.JPG

I have tons of photos since my generation all have cellphones. I was a 0811 cannoneer in 3rd Battalion 11th Marines stationed in 29 Palms. I have way to many photos to post in one sitting so just posting a couple.

Photos in order:

1st: My gun section in Australia in 2018. I'm in top left.

2nd: After a convoy at the very end of a field op in Australia in 2018. My cammies were permanently stained orange after I left Australia lol.

3rd: My gun section in Hokkaido Japan, 2020. I'm right behind the guy crouching on the left. They had a pretty cool shrine(im pretty sure it was dedicated to fallen soldiers but can't remember) next to a tree in front of the gunline near my gun that we weren't allowed to mess with. Was a very very small one.

4th: After I put my cross cannons on my unit patch after I shot my first round as a Section Chief, Hokkaido Japan 2020.

5th: Me messing with my csd, 29 Palms 2020. This was my first field op as a Section Chief with my own gun.

6th: My gun section in the same field op as the last pic, 29 Palms 2020. I'm in the center sitting in the cradle of the howitzer(aka: the chiefs seat)

7th: Waiting in the field, 29 Palms 2020.

8th: My gun section at the end of a field op, 29 Palms 2020.

9th: Last night of a field op, 29 Palms 2020. My last field op chiefing, started the checkout process after this field op.

10th: My very last field op, 29 Palms 2020. I'm in the very back crouching behind the HE rounds. This pic was a day before the Marine Corps Birthday. We stayed out in the field an extra day to celebrate it. 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

knd643, this is an interesting one, note the wear of the Army's Officer Field Artillery Subdued Crossed Cannons on his Name Tag, this along with the Marine's Corporal Rank pin, is there a back story on this?

image.png.b12d1eb03996bc02f3a4181adf177e06.png

6 hours ago, patches said:

knd643, this is an interesting one, note the wear of the Army's Officer Field Artillery Subdued Crossed Cannons on his Name Tag, this along with the Marine's Corporal Rank pin, is there a back story on this?

In 11th Marines once you become a Section Cheif you get cross cannons(mine were given to me by my Gunnery Sgt). It's tradition that you don't put it on your unit patch until you fire your first round as a Section Chief(ie: you're the one saying "Stand by, Fire"). You can see in the 4th pic that's right after I shot my first round as a Section Chief and I put my cross cannon pin on my unit patch. As to the Corporal rank everyone wears their rank on their unit patch. Section Cheifs wear cross cannons to identify them as a Section chief. In other terms you don't rate to wear cross cannons until you're a Section Chief, that's how it is in 11th Marines at least.

8 hours ago, knd643 said:

In 11th Marines once you become a Section Cheif you get cross cannons(mine were given to me by my Gunnery Sgt). It's tradition that you don't put it on your unit patch until you fire your first round as a Section Chief(ie: you're the one saying "Stand by, Fire"). You can see in the 4th pic that's right after I shot my first round as a Section Chief and I put my cross cannon pin on my unit patch. As to the Corporal rank everyone wears their rank on their unit patch. Section Cheifs wear cross cannons to identify them as a Section chief. In other terms you don't rate to wear cross cannons until you're a Section Chief, that's how it is in 11th Marines at least.

Thank You.